GearCity Open Beta 1.13 Changelog:
-----------------------------------------------------
  • Make own Marque
  • Discontinue Marque
  • Research Teams
  • Design Skill Adjustments
  • Component Skill requirements "nurfed"
  • New Component/Car Type Memo
  • Slider Summery/Manual Slider Entry in RnD.
  • Clone Sliders
  • Modify Component Price tweaks.
  • New Body Design Memos
  • Reduced Factory Effects on RnD
  • Researched Teams Overall Rating Bonus.
  • Production Line Lists Sales and Built numbers.
  • Replace Model Tool
  • Cities with Factories glow green.
  • End Turn Report
  • Added 8 more user generated reports.
  • Load Game Timestamps
  • MegaMenu Marketing All Vehicle/Brands selection
  • MegaMenu Marketing Apply to All Cities uses percentages.
  • Fixed Slider bug with MegaMenu Marketing amounts.
  • Cleaned my office, first time since 1.10 >.>
  • Fixed Marketing Efficiency bug
  • Lock Marketing percentages by city
  • Lock All Marketing percentages
  • Select specific factory/branch from Mega Menu
  • Adjust Marketing for Entire Region, Autotool
  • Re-enabled taxes
  • AI reduce price crash fix
  • Tax Expenses displayed in office.
  • Factory Retool/Resize bugs fixed
  • Factory Wear amounts and effects adjusted
  • Factory wear warning memo
  • View Vehicle width bug in RND
  • Fixed Label Alignment in AutoTools windows
  • Assisted Designer will not build engines that you can not use. (Larger than maximum chassis size)
  • AI now waits a little longer before doing an IPO
  • You can only attempt 1 takeover a month.
  • 30% bonus to stock takeover vote if target company has greater losses than assists
  • 15% stock takeover vote bonus if expenses are twice as much as income
  • 5% stock takeover vote bonus if expenses are greater than income
  • Increased Stroke effect on RPM's
  • Engine Layout's now effect Bore and Stroke.
  • Adjusted Stroke effect on torque.
  • Fuel Economy switched to based on displacement instead of cylinders.
  • Maximum Bore and Stroke decrease slightly over time.
  • Shipping Distance Limitation system
  • Shipping Distance Sliders for MegaMenu
  • Shipping Distance Mapping Display in WorldMap
  • Missing Commas in Company HQ and Profits Report
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
biggrinbiggrin

You're supposed to be working!
I work at work, duh!
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
You can now make your own marque.
You can now discontinue a marque without selling it off.
More new features!

Research Teams for the 3 components and vehicles. You can set their budgets in the RnD department and hire employees in the HR department.
Design skills based on what you have made has been decreased and research team effects have been added. Net net Design skills should increase faster at maximum.
Component skill requirement degrade has been reduced by 300%, making research teams more important...

Tweaking on the numbers will probably occur after you guys get 1.13... This should be a good money sink, but not a required one. It makes it where you have to keep engineers employed at all times. (The amount of hiring and firing of engineers was sort of unrealistic before.)
(03-05-2014, 02:50 PM)Eric.B Wrote: More new features!

Research Teams for the 3 components and vehicles. You can set their budgets in the RnD department and hire employees in the HR department.
Design skills based on what you have made has been decreased and research team effects have been added. Net net Design skills should increase faster at maximum.
Component skill requirement degrade has been reduced by 300%, making research teams more important...

Tweaking on the numbers will probably occur after you guys get 1.13... This should be a good money sink, but not a required one. It makes it where you have to keep engineers employed at all times. (The amount of hiring and firing of engineers was sort of unrealistic before.)
This is going to be a very interesting update when we get our hands on it.
One that ive been looking forward to hearing about and seeing in the game for a while.
I really like the idea in general, especially the increase in strategic choices it brings to the player.

When you said net design skills should increase faster at maximum...
Do you mean that when you are designing components in combination with separately using research teams you will get access to new tech (components available at that year) sooner than you do in the current version?
(03-05-2014, 04:01 PM)Arakash Wrote: When you said net design skills should increase faster at maximum...
Do you mean that when you are designing components in combination with separately using research teams you will get access to new tech (components available at that year) sooner than you do in the current version?

Maxing out Research and Designing great components will increase design skills more. In 1.12 design skills can increase at most 0.5 points per year. This is now 0.9 per year. 0.5 from what you're building, 0.4 from research.

Components decrease at roughly 0.15 skill points per turn now, where as 1.12 it was 0.5.

So that means at maximum 0.05 increase in skill speed.

These numbers may be adjusted in the future.

The main thing is, it's very expensive, 38 million per year to max everything out in 1900. So I'd like to add even more bonuses to it. I'm thinking it may increase the speed at which components are created and maybe boosts to stats, and a few other things. We'll see. Smile
Newly Available Car Types and Components generate memos. In the case of components, you may not have the ability to actually make them yet, check the memo for details.
(03-05-2014, 11:53 PM)Eric.B Wrote: Newly Available Car Types and Components generate memos. In the case of components, you may not have the ability to actually make them yet, check the memo for details.

You're making good progress on suggestions, this is looking good Smile

Does the above also extend to bodywork ?
(I don't know whether the style of the bodywork plays a role regaring the year you are currently in - But I doubt a Ford-T style body would sell very well today).