Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
GearCity 1.13 Progress
Fixed possible crash in the AI reduce vehicle price code.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Tax expenses have been applied to the sales book, office profits (upper left) and in the memos...

I've also ran 2 full simulations of GC to gather data for 1.14. Fixes to the late game should hopefully trickle down into the open beta gameplay. In the simulation of the 200 AI, only 8 make it to the end of the game. Most with over a trillion in assists! Smile Seems like people really want to buy cars in Gearcity land, a lot of people....

I've also made progress in porting the game over to Linux. However there is an issue with the OpenGL renders, which oddly enough is in my copy of the windows build as well. So I will be looking into this when I'm not in my office.

I'm going to go through a few of the bugs in the bugs list, then look into transportation stuff. After that I think I'll call 1.13 done.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
More updates:
The factory wear code has been rewritten. A new memo has been created warning you when factory wear is effecting production...

Factory wear and production estimations are now in sync.

Fixed retool/resizing bugs causing negative wear and over 100% wear.

Fixed view vehicle specs bug.

Fixed bad alignment in some labels in the autotools.

Few more bugs to look at, then I'll move to transportation. After that I think 1.13 will be ready for release...
(03-23-2014, 10:10 PM)Eric.B Wrote: Tax expenses have been applied to the sales book, office profits (upper left) and in the memos...

I've also ran 2 full simulations of GC to gather data for 1.14. Fixes to the late game should hopefully trickle down into the open beta gameplay. In the simulation of the 200 AI, only 8 make it to the end of the game. Most with over a trillion in assists! Smile Seems like people really want to buy cars in Gearcity land, a lot of people....

I've also made progress in porting the game over to Linux. However there is an issue with the OpenGL renders, which oddly enough is in my copy of the windows build as well. So I will be looking into this when I'm not in my office.

I'm going to go through a few of the bugs in the bugs list, then look into transportation stuff. After that I think I'll call 1.13 done.
Thanks for the updates.
If you ever have the time or desire to do it, you should upload some screenshots of what the 8 massive blob AI that are still left look like Smile I dont think anyone has ever seen what the game looks like at that late date other than you.
I imagine their sales (and other things) are ridiculous at that point, would be interesting to look at.
Another update on progress:
Assisted Designer will not build engines that you can not use. (Larger than maximum chassis size)
AI now waits a little longer before doing an IPO
You can only attempt 1 takeover a month.
30% bonus to stock takeover vote if target company has greater losses than assists
15% stock takeover vote bonus if expenses are twice as much as income
5% stock takeover vote bonus if expenses are greater than income
Increased Stroke effect on RPM's
Engine Layout's now effect Bore and Stroke.
Adjusted Stroke effect on torque.
Fuel Economy switched to based on displacement instead of cylinders.
Maximum Bore and Stroke decrease slightly over time.
(03-27-2014, 11:07 PM)Arakash Wrote:
(03-23-2014, 10:10 PM)Eric.B Wrote: Tax expenses have been applied to the sales book, office profits (upper left) and in the memos...

Thanks for the updates.
If you ever have the time or desire to do it, you should upload some screenshots of what the 8 massive blob AI that are still left look like Smile I dont think anyone has ever seen what the game looks like at that late date other than you.
I imagine their sales (and other things) are ridiculous at that point, would be interesting to look at.

As of right now, the art work for late game is not integrated into the game yet... This will actually be taken care of in the next version. So yes, you should see some Screenshots/Videos of it.

Yes the 8 companies had INSANE sales. This is mainly due to lack of late game testing and balancing on my part. Should be an easy fix, I just need to work in the number of used cars floating around in the world... That way you can't get 50,000 sales per city per month! biggrin

Will probably also adjust people's buying amounts after major events such as the Great Depression and WWII Smile
I've implemented a new shipping distance system which allows you to limit the distances which your vehicles can be shipped from the factory which they're produced at.

This system is just a simple slider underneath the production speed slider in the mega menu. The shipping distance is per vehicle, per factory.

In the world map it is slightly different. Under the production speed slider you will see a "Shipping Distance" button. Upon clicking this button you will see the world map and a slider at the bottom. Adjust that slider will adjust the shipping distance and also will show you visually which cities would receive shipping. When you're finished hit "Return" and be sure to "Assign" your changes.

This means 1.13 is finished. I'll do a play through sometime tonight and begin packaging... Hopefully we can get a Sunday evening or Monday release! Smile
Awesome! 1.13 sounds like it's going to be full of awesome and win. Can't wait to play it through and heap praise and awe upon you!
Yes! I am so pumped! Love the shipping solution!

Now, if only the timeline could be extended in the near future...
Patch is ready to go:
http://www.gearcity.info/download.php?f=...3Patch.exe

Main file is still uploading...