Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[IMPLEMENTED]Detailed Racing.
(02-26-2014, 06:04 AM)Arakash Wrote: Onto the general lap system proposed.
First, having the laps individually calculated sounds like something that would put a fair amount of load on the game. This is purely an assumption on my part, but i think it could be a problem.
Imagine, once the mods come in, having 10-20 racing series, where each lap (lets say 20-30 laps each) is calculated individually when the turn button is pressed. So 200-600 lap calculations, using the lap and series numbers i guessed there.

Second, im not really sure we need to calculate out each individual lap anyway. Just have the game make a calculation, based on the statistics provided by the system you suggested (driver, vehicle etc) about who wins.
Its probably going to give similar results to calculating each lap anyway, with less hassle. It may be my ignorance, but im not seeing the benefits of having laps calculated individually.

To sum up my thoughts about the driver and attributes; it doesn't matter a whole lot (imo) if there is 2 or 10 attributes. My main point was, there has to be a balance risk vs. reward. So they faster a driver is, there should be a risk of him/her crashing the car (and thereby eating out a chunk of the budget!.)
I think there should be very few attributes for a driver, as this is not really the main purpose of GearCity.

The reason I proposed the lap system as above, and any calculations per lap etc. was to make it a minigame within the game. (And no it definately shouldn't run in real-time)
I don't expect anyone to press F12 each lap, on the contrary the laps should be running in a loop, and you should press some button to pause it for giving orders etc. Those orders would then be in effect, from the next lap. (modifiers changed for the next loop.)

It will take more time to complete a race, that's why I wanted it to be optional.
I get your point about being in 10 different race series though, but wouldn't that sort itself out ? If you want to do the detailed racing in all of them - then it's because it's important for your company (or because you enjoy it). If you don't want to, you can have 9 of them on automatic (calculated as a race, instead of per lap), the last one detailed. Or if you're really bored with it, you can have them all on automatic and still get benefits from it. (Like today).
Seeing that it will take more time and effort, it should also give you bigger benefits. (more skill, since you're involved)

I don't see much point in adding drivers etc. if you just use it to make a distribution of funds once per race series, and then leave it. Then the system we have now, is sufficient. (imo).

Messages In This Thread
[IMPLEMENTED]Detailed Racing. - by Sarchez - 02-25-2014, 02:15 PM
RE: Detailed Racing. - by Arakash - 02-26-2014, 06:04 AM
RE: Detailed Racing. - by Sarchez - 02-26-2014, 11:05 AM
RE: Detailed Racing. - by Eric.B - 10-07-2014, 11:39 AM
RE: [IMPLEMENTED]Detailed Racing. - by Sarchez - 11-12-2014, 10:55 AM
RE: [IMPLEMENTED]Detailed Racing. - by Eric.B - 11-12-2014, 11:03 AM
RE: [IMPLEMENTED]Detailed Racing. - by shadow - 11-12-2014, 11:38 AM