Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crash Dumps
(05-18-2015, 04:04 PM)Matmilanfan Wrote: Sure, there are all of my saves. That was happening on all of them. (They are one game played the way Crash-restart-few months-another crash and so on)
The newest is 32 9.(saved up and quite normally)

Thanks for the files, sadly I'm unable to duplicate the crash after trying for a good 15-30minutes.

Is there any specific methods to duplicate it? Have you tried verifying your game cache and update your video drivers?
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
There's no specific method to do that, some times I can play for 3-4 hours without crash, sometimes it happend after first visit in Mega Menu and moving cursor over list of vehicles's list. I have the lastest video driver but I didn't check game cache, I'll do that now
Edit: Steam found one incorect file, maybe it'll be fixed now
(05-19-2015, 08:31 AM)Matmilanfan Wrote: There's no specific method to do that, some times I can play for 3-4 hours without crash, sometimes it happend after first visit in Mega Menu and moving cursor over list of vehicles's list. I have the lastest video driver but I didn't check game cache, I'll do that now
Edit: Steam found one incorect file, maybe it'll be fixed now

Let me know if it does it again. I may make a specific debug version for you to try out.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
(07-16-2015, 12:21 PM)Eric.B Wrote: Probably belongs in a new thread, but have you verified your game cache? Also are you noticing these crashes in specific places?

Perhaps I should continue here? Every single crash happened in the office, either while idling there, or as I clicked the globe. I do alt-tab out(using windowed mode) quite a bit, but only the office has created trouble. RnD department has never crashed under my abuse, even though most of my alt-tabbing happens there. I guess that about half the crashed has happened without any alt-tabbing going on too soon beforehand.

Verified cache now and found one file at 288 bytes that needed replacing. I'll do that and see how it goes Smile If the crashes continue to show up, I'll continue in this thread unless you prefer some other place.
Alt-tabbing is most likely the culprit. There is issues with regaining DirectX locks when you alt-tab. Try running in window mode. (If you must have full screen match the game resolution with your desktop resolution.)

With hardware mouse, you'll be able to do other stuff while playing. See if it crashes then. Smile
The game cache check seemed to do the trick. Been running about 25 hours without crashing now. I've checked the cache a couple of times these last days as well, even though there has been no crashing, and there's always one file being bonkers, at 288 bytes that needs to be downloaded again. Not sure if I can find out what file that is.

Anyways, seems to be right as rain now. And just for the curious; I've always run the game in windowed mode, and most of the time with hardware mouse. So it seems very much like the bad file was the sole offender.
Crash dump when doing end turn (tried it 2 times, 2 times the same happening, the same log entries), even tried it again on new savegame

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.log   Logfile crash on end turn.log (Size: 46.43 KB / Downloads: 474)
(10-16-2015, 01:19 PM)jelledc Wrote: Crash dump when doing end turn (tried it 2 times, 2 times the same happening, the same log entries), even tried it again on new savegame

There was a bug updating the game in steam, you should have gotten an update about 2 hours ago that fixed the problem.

Has the problem been resolved or is it still happening?
The game has been crashing about once/twice an hour on the current Steam testing build as of the time of posting. Most of the times it seems to be when using the map (to build/upgrade factories) or when returning from the map to the office. Haven't been able to reproduce the crash in a consitent way. Did refresh cache after the last update, but not today.

Attached Files
.log   Logfile.log (Size: 92.96 KB / Downloads: 476)
(12-19-2015, 07:14 PM)Tridon Wrote: The game has been crashing about once/twice an hour on the current Steam testing build as of the time of posting. Most of the times it seems to be when using the map (to build/upgrade factories) or when returning from the map to the office. Haven't been able to reproduce the crash in a consitent way. Did refresh cache after the last update, but not today.

According to the logs, you're losing directx rendering. Are you alt-tabbing out of the game? That would cause DX to have issues which would ultimately cause the game to crash.

Also are you on the new crimson drivers? We seem to be having issues with them...

You could try switching to OpenGL, the game won't look at pretty, but that should fix this crashing issue you're having.