Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crash Dumps
Yes, I've jumped over to the Crimson software, and yes, I alt-tab a lot.

Changing to OpenGL did the trick Smile Been 5-6 hours without any crashing.
(12-20-2015, 01:17 PM)Tridon Wrote: Yes, I've jumped over to the Crimson software, and yes, I alt-tab a lot.

Changing to OpenGL did the trick Smile Been 5-6 hours without any crashing.

Speaking of which, I might have a fix for this in 1.19.1... So I'll probably ask you to switch back to DirectX and see if you can duplicate it when it comes out.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
I'm experiencing crashes, too, but I'm also alt-tabbing a lot (GearCity actually runs in window mode, borderless, and I'm switching to my second screen once every 2 minutes or so with just clicking away).

I'll switch to OpenGL and check how things go.

Edit:
Ok, with OpenGL GearCity starts on the second screen (that is also secondary screen in Windows and nVidia drivers as well as has no taksbar etc.). :/ It also shows me the correct resoultion of my first screen (2560x1440) while the second screen it actually started on has just 1920x1080.

I deactivated 2nd screen via Windows, started GC, and reactivated 2nd screen. That worked but it's of course not very comfortable for daily business. Smile

Attached Files
.log   Logfile.log (Size: 112.6 KB / Downloads: 451)
I believe which monitor the game opens on in OpenGL is dependent on your driver settings. (Since OpenGL is implemented in the drivers)

Outside of that one could run the game with Window boarder then drag it onto the monitor you want it on.

The possible Alt-tab fix should be in the 1.19.1 patch. So hopefully that'll fix your issue.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
I haven't found a monitor fix yet but my game crashes when going to
safe -> stock market,
sometimes it closes without any notification, sometimes I get a "GearCity stopped working"-prompt.

It runs with OpenGL and I haven't noticed anything weird before. It also crashes when using Direct3D (and then the first screen starts up as usually, too biggrin).

Going a month further doesn't resolve the problem.

Savegame + Logfile (it's one with D3D) are attached.

Attached Files
.log   Logfile.log (Size: 46.92 KB / Downloads: 458)
.7z   Curse1.7z (Size: 7.25 MB / Downloads: 424)
(01-15-2016, 01:11 AM)Curse Wrote: I haven't found a monitor fix yet but my game crashes when going to
safe -> stock market,
sometimes it closes without any notification, sometimes I get a "GearCity stopped working"-prompt.

It runs with OpenGL and I haven't noticed anything weird before. It also crashes when using Direct3D (and then the first screen starts up as usually, too biggrin).

Going a month further doesn't resolve the problem.

Savegame + Logfile (it's one with D3D) are attached.

Are you playing with any mods? You're missing the picture t_fata.dds which is not included in the vanilla game.

If not, I'll take a look at your save game in the morning. If you are playing a mod, simply add the t_fata.dds file into the zip file it's supposed to go in (One would assume logo.zip)
Thanks, I'm actually playing with a real world logo mod thing. I totally forgot about this. Sorry!
I'm playing with the Mac testing version 1.22.  I've been experiencing frequent crashes.  Typically on either car design or during turn processing.  I've attached three crash reports.  PM me if you need other files.  Thanks.

.zip   Archive.zip (Size: 55.33 KB / Downloads: 428)