Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED]Marketing costs of several marques. (Broadbase)
I think the marketing cost should reflect the number of marques, you are selling.
At the moment, you can be selling 1 or 10 marques, the marketing remains the same.

If you are using marque A, B and C - there should be a slider for each of them. (Broad base for each marque).

The Broad base should still be there, and when you use it, it should reflect on each marque. (total / number of active marques).

I know this means more sliders in marketing, but the reality is it'll cost you extra to brand several marques.

Alternatively, there could just be a multipler, that affects broad base costs.
Yeah I implemented brand marketing (as it's now called) before there was the option to buy AI. I'll probably just do the current formula * marques.

Not sure which version it'll make it into however.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
(02-14-2014, 04:42 PM)Eric.B Wrote: Yeah I implemented brand marketing (as it's now called) before there was the option to buy AI. I'll probably just do the current formula * marques.

Not sure which version it'll make it into however.

The issue I have with that is you're not always selling vehicles for all the marques you own. In my current game, for example, I have bought up about 6-7 different marques but I don't sell anything under any of their names. I have bought them as a method of aggressively removing competition and in some cases, as a cheap quick way of gaining access to a new factory.

On a related note.... Would it be possible to allow us to shut down marques we own? Rather than just selling them and putting them back in the marketplace as potential competition Smile
When I work in "Create New Marque" I'll also work in a "Discontinue Marque" Wink

Hopefully the changes to the stock prices make such situations harder to come by!
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
(02-14-2014, 05:42 PM)Eric.B Wrote: When I work in "Create New Marque" I'll also work in a "Discontinue Marque" Wink

Hopefully the changes to the stock prices make such situations harder to come by!

If you make the "Discontinue Marque", you should also make it possible to restart it.
So that you can keep ownership of a marque, and later on re-active it if you wish. (Bugatti is a good example.)