Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
List sorting and scrolling
These suggestions are intended to relate to all of the various lists in the game, from the lists of vehicles in the mega menus for production, sales and marketing to the drop-down boxes that let you select certain models for sales deletion or modification. Also the lists of vehicles and components in the R&D screen and the lists of vehicles and cities in the reports.

1 - Sorting - Currently many of these lists don't seem to have any logical method of sorting entries and those that do are inconsistent with each other. I suggest that there should be a default list sorting method that is applied to all lists.
My suggestion would be to have items in order of year (most recent at the top) and then a second sorting in alphabetical order.

2 - Scrolling - Would it be possible to make the menus scrollable with the arrow keys and the mouse wheel? That is, up and down to move your selection on the list up or down by one item and the mouse wheel to scroll the list like dragging the slider up and down.
It often happens that I know the next vehicle I want is only one up or down from the one currently selected but I still have to drag the slider down to find it (on lists the reset back to the top when an action is taken).
P.S. It was mentioned elsewhere but it bears mentioning again. Some lists don't reset back to the top when an action is take and others do. I think it would be best of none of them did.

3 - Scrolling pt2. - Currently clicking on an up or down arrow will often move a list up or down more than a screen hight. This means you'll often miss the item you're searching for if you try to use this method of scrolling. I suggest that the up and down arrows should move the menu one line less than what is displayed on the screen so that scrolling with the arrows on the slider will always result in every item in the list being visible at least once.
(02-12-2014, 03:17 PM)Frankschtaldt Wrote: These suggestions are intended to relate to all of the various lists in the game, from the lists of vehicles in the mega menus for production, sales and marketing to the drop-down boxes that let you select certain models for sales deletion or modification. Also the lists of vehicles and components in the R&D screen and the lists of vehicles and cities in the reports.

1 - Sorting - Currently many of these lists don't seem to have any logical method of sorting entries and those that do are inconsistent with each other. I suggest that there should be a default list sorting method that is applied to all lists.
My suggestion would be to have items in order of year (most recent at the top) and then a second sorting in alphabetical order.

2 - Scrolling - Would it be possible to make the menus scrollable with the arrow keys and the mouse wheel? That is, up and down to move your selection on the list up or down by one item and the mouse wheel to scroll the list like dragging the slider up and down.
It often happens that I know the next vehicle I want is only one up or down from the one currently selected but I still have to drag the slider down to find it (on lists the reset back to the top when an action is taken).
P.S. It was mentioned elsewhere but it bears mentioning again. Some lists don't reset back to the top when an action is take and others do. I think it would be best of none of them did.

3 - Scrolling pt2. - Currently clicking on an up or down arrow will often move a list up or down more than a screen hight. This means you'll often miss the item you're searching for if you try to use this method of scrolling. I suggest that the up and down arrows should move the menu one line less than what is displayed on the screen so that scrolling with the arrows on the slider will always result in every item in the list being visible at least once.
These suggestions sound reasonable. I like the fact that they also seem to be in line with a lot of modern game/program UI design.