Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How much should Component Quality effect Vehicle Quality
I might be a little late for the conversation here, but what the heck. Components can have quite a lot to say on how individuals experience the quality of a car and even whole brands. Though I only have anecdotal evidence for this, I think it applies to a small percentage of costumers nonetheless.

My step father lived in France for 27 years and is still to this day in love with the language and culture, and he travels there every summer to visit the places he loves. He also owned french cars for over 30 years until the gearbox in his Citroën C5 broke down during rush hour, and cost $1000 to repair (couldn't afford to replace it). And a couple of months later it broke down during rush hour once again. This time they wanted $4000 to fix it, and he decided that french cars was something he could live without from now on. Now he even refuses to rent french cars while on vacation.

Is it 100% logical? No. Did he base this on statistics and empirical evidence? No. It's still very human to let things like that rule how one might perceive a car/brand. He was so pissed off. And I laughed so hard Tongue
An amusing anecdote Tridon, specially if I ever visit Europe, I'll be doing a roadtrip in a short term lease French car... Maybe I should just stay home. Smile
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski