Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[FIXED]2-3 Months at a time
A way to advance 2-3 months at a time would be super useful at time (like when you're in the middle of a world war and you can't do ANYTHING =p).

I don't know how you would fit into the current office UI.
Perhaps it could just be a keyboard shortcut? Probably not f11 because you'd risk hitting it accidentally.
(02-09-2014, 03:56 AM)Frankschtaldt Wrote: A way to advance 2-3 months at a time would be super useful at time (like when you're in the middle of a world war and you can't do ANYTHING =p).

I don't know how you would fit into the current office UI.
Perhaps it could just be a keyboard shortcut? Probably not f11 because you'd risk hitting it accidentally.
Good idea.

Ive seen it in other Turn based games as something like (pass time until (enter date))
That said, ive found it pretty fast just pressing F12 repeatedly, though i can see how having a button to skip would involve less button pressing/clicking.
I plan on making a skip to date button. Just haven't gotten to it.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
(02-09-2014, 09:43 AM)Eric.B Wrote: I plan on making a skip to date button. Just haven't gotten to it.

Taking to time to enter in the date might take longer than simply pressing the skip 3 months button twice. =P

Personally, the only time I've ever wanted to skip more than 3 months at a time has been right at the start of the game when I'm waiting for my first bits to research. After that, even during war I find I always have something that needs adjusting every few months.
(02-09-2014, 02:43 PM)Frankschtaldt Wrote:
(02-09-2014, 09:43 AM)Eric.B Wrote: I plan on making a skip to date button. Just haven't gotten to it.

Taking to time to enter in the date might take longer than simply pressing the skip 3 months button twice. =P

Personally, the only time I've ever wanted to skip more than 3 months at a time has been right at the start of the game when I'm waiting for my first bits to research. After that, even during war I find I always have something that needs adjusting every few months.
This is basically why i think the skip to date should remain a low priority, something that gets introduced in one of the builds right before release.
Its still a good idea, it just very rarely comes up and i think we Beta Testers can tolerate just pressing F12 a bunch of times until then Smile
Agreed, something would be nice at some point but there's higher priorities atm.
I think I've worked out a good way to do this. When you click on the clock you get a popup asking confirmation you want to end your turn. Change the popup to "How many months would you like to advance?" With a 1 month, 3 months, 6 months and cancel button on it.
This was implemented in like 1.14.8 or something around there...
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski