Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Obsolete]Low tech factories need balancing.
I discovered this in a recent playthrough. It could just be a bug, in that case it should probably be moved.

I built two factories in Japan 1919, one in Osaka and one in Tokyo, both using the same strategy of max capacity, max quantity and low or no tech. Even from a roleplaying perspective i like this, as my factories would probably be low tech there in that period anyway.

Note: Both factories are at 100 efficiency (0 wear)

Ive had to look into my save files to get this afterwards, but(after subsidies):
The first factory (Factory A) costs :2,329,176
The second factory (Factory B) costs : 128,742 (i remember it being 200-270, but the save doesnt agree)

The factories in the save file are surprisingly similar, but i think there are several issues:
Monthly cost of these factories:
Factory A costs :232,319
Factory B costs :11,510
(this is how i originally noticed the problem, the factory costs in expenses were a strangely low $15 per unit)

Number of units Produced:
Factory A can produce ~2k units
Factory B can produce ~3k units

I looked to see if there was some hidden balancing figures, but all i can see in the save files are higher equipment wear (5-10%) and perhaps some 10-20% lower differences in some efficiencies.
Also, the stats of the cities themselves seem very similar, Osaka has 0.5 star lower infrastructure and manufacturing capacity.
Overall, i think it needs balancing.

Ive attached a bunch of screenshots for reference.
Ive also attached a save. Its the same game i posted in another thread, but im not sure if it is visible in the other saves, so i attached a new one.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.rar   Japan1 - Copy.rar (Size: 1.24 MB / Downloads: 390)
I believe this was recently balanced, waiting feed back on the newer system. Marking this thread as Obsolete since a lot has changed since it was made.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski