Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AAR - Zap
(02-05-2014, 06:27 AM)Arakash Wrote:
(02-05-2014, 05:54 AM)Frankschtaldt Wrote: You misread me again.
I maxed out news papers and used a decent amount of magazine and some billboard advertising but I only ever used broad base.
As I said in the OP this was an exercise in getting to the end in one piece and I'll do a more detailed campaign later. I was trying to limit my micro management because I didn't want the hour long turns I was dealing with in one of my other games that I ended up abandoning (for now). I just wanted a quick and (relatively) easy game I could push through to 1930 and see what happened at the end of the demo =)
I can understand your desire to keep your game simple and relatively easy, so thats more than enough justification to keep your marketing simple like you did. As we would say in Australia, that's "fair enough".

I think i didn't misread you this time. You were basically saying:
You did a variety of broad base advertising in different marketing categories.
You then said in post 3 that you didnt think you were hurt by not using specific advertising in various marketing categories.
At least in the current build, i disagree with that.
I said that, especially in the case of newspapers in the current build, specific marketing is extremely cost effective. I also suggested that imo, newspaper specific marketing is more cost effective than broad base marketing in other categories in very early years.

WOOT! Aussies unite!!! HAHA

You read me spot on this time.
In saying I don't think I was hurt by not doing specific marketing what I mostly mean is that I was able to regularly upgrade my factory and increase my prices and still sell nearly everything I made despite not doing model specific marketing.
If I had done specific marketing I may have been able to charge higher prices or sell the produce from a second or third factory (or possibly even charge a high enough price to make exporting to New York profitable??) but the aim of this game was a quick and simple game and the broad base marketing was plenty good for that.

I've been playing around with a startup in Australia for the lolz. Trying to keep my production based solely in Aus and exporting to wherever I can turn a profit (So far, only Tokyo, Osaka and Auckland) but tomorrow night I'm planning on starting a mega game where I'll be selling to every market I can with a number of market specific trims and hopefully a few other Marque buyouts. I intend to push the company as far as I can and make as much money, with as broad a product range and as big a market share as I can possibly get!
I just need to settle on a place to start =)

The other scenario I'm hanging to try out is the low volume exclusive sports car manufacturer, exporting high price, low turnover cars worldwide from one factory. That will have to wait till 1.12 and the speed limit fix though.

Messages In This Thread
AAR - Zap - by Frankschtaldt - 02-05-2014, 04:37 AM
RE: AAR - Zap - by Arakash - 02-05-2014, 04:52 AM
RE: AAR - Zap - by Frankschtaldt - 02-05-2014, 05:16 AM
RE: AAR - Zap - by Arakash - 02-05-2014, 05:29 AM
RE: AAR - Zap - by Frankschtaldt - 02-05-2014, 05:54 AM
RE: AAR - Zap - by Arakash - 02-05-2014, 06:27 AM
RE: AAR - Zap - by Frankschtaldt - 02-05-2014, 06:46 AM
RE: AAR - Zap - by Arakash - 02-05-2014, 07:11 AM
RE: AAR - Zap - by Frankschtaldt - 02-05-2014, 02:53 PM
RE: AAR - Zap - by Eric.B - 02-05-2014, 06:11 PM
RE: AAR - Zap - by Frankschtaldt - 02-05-2014, 06:41 PM