Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AAR - Zap
Well I'll be jiggered! I did not know that!
He did at least have the advantage of having worked out how to run a substantially more efficient production line than any of his opposition though.... Or am I wrong again? LOL
I'd say your right. But what he did would probably be the equivalent of a Level 3 or Level 4 factory by that point which, while not impossible, is certainly quite a feat to get to that point, no?
(02-06-2014, 09:43 AM)Geredis Wrote: I'd say your right. But what he did would probably be the equivalent of a Level 3 or Level 4 factory by that point which, while not impossible, is certainly quite a feat to get to that point, no?
Youve got me interested, as i think you seem to be suggesting know something which im not sure has been mentioned elsewhere.
Its part of a wider topic on factories that has come up in various places(here for e.g.), but i didnt think anyone had figured out the exact mechanics of it.

It might be off-topic here, but i would be interested to hear your contribution to that thread i linked, as your post seems to suggest you know how to make efficient factories.
I would like to know this as well for my own games Smile I know how to make high capacity factories and low cost factories, but im not aware of the best slider layout for reducing cost per unit built(efficiency).
It's debatable what Ford did well.

The vehicles were not the cheapest, most reliable, or the highest qualities.
The assembly line method attributed to Ford played a roll in the beginning however by 1912 everyone was doing it.

A lot of people point to the fact Ford paid higher wages than anyone else. This lead to two things, talent retention, and the low end workers could actually afford what they're making. So if you worked at Ford, you bought a Ford. A tickle down, trickle up effect. Smile
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski