Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[FIXED]Electric upgrade
Well it already happens with body types, seems to work well I think. Smile
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Electrics have been reimplemented. I still have a little tweaking to do to get the stats for engines as a whole, but they're much better now than when they were in older builds of the game. Smile
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
A thought on the electric motors.
I really like the idea of option between an electric motor (typically 1) via transmission, but there should also be a direct drive - wheel mounted (2 or 4 motors) or inboard mounted (typically 1 or 2 motors). Of course wheel mounted have to be limited in size.

Also, while adjusting the length of the motor to change output makes sense, you could also have a slider for number of turns (or winds). Lower winds have more torque while higher winds have more rpm (thus hp). This would allow a trade-off in design. The basic fact of DC motors is: voltage is speed, and current is torque. Double the voltage, double the speed.

Very cool game. I look forward to its further development
(03-22-2016, 10:18 AM)bryanr73 Wrote: A thought on the electric motors.
I really like the idea of option between an electric motor (typically 1) via transmission, but there should also be a direct drive - wheel mounted (2 or 4 motors) or inboard mounted (typically 1 or 2 motors). Of course wheel mounted have to be limited in size.

Also, while adjusting the length of the motor to change output makes sense, you could also have a slider for number of turns (or winds). Lower winds have more torque while higher winds have more rpm (thus hp). This would allow a trade-off in design. The basic fact of DC motors is: voltage is speed, and current is torque. Double the voltage, double the speed.

Very cool game. I look forward to its further development

Both direct drive and multiple engines could be added to the game easily via the modding system in v1.22.

I still have a little work to do on cylinderless engines, but I probably won't be implementing these.