Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phoenix Motors (medium Skill)
Here are some images from my company in some time in 1921. As you can see i'm making around 16 to 20 million a month right now, have 67 million cash and 686 million in the bank. My HQ is in Phoenix, AZ however all my branches and factories in the states are in the east. My profit skyrocketed after WW1 as i prepared a factory in Amsterdam during the war and designed models for Europe. Right after the war i built a branch in every large city, another factory in London as an all out assault on the euro market. It worked. Now it's time for another update for all my models.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(02-03-2014, 07:32 PM)nissan man Wrote: Here are some images from my company in some time in 1921. As you can see i'm making around 16 to 20 million a month right now, have 67 million cash and 686 million in the bank. My HQ is in Phoenix, AZ however all my branches and factories in the states are in the east. My profit skyrocketed after WW1 as i prepared a factory in Amsterdam during the war and designed models for Europe. Right after the war i built a branch in every large city, another factory in London as an all out assault on the euro market. It worked. Now it's time for another update for all my models.

Thanks for sharing. That profit chart really shows the massive jump after WW1 Smile
Id be interested to see your most successful vehicle in that period, was it mostly one or were you building a variety.
Also what difficulty were you playing on?
Damn, I thought I was doing well pulling in $10-12M a month with my Russian company in 1923!

I'd be interested to see the list of vehicles you're offering.
(02-03-2014, 07:37 PM)Arakash Wrote:
(02-03-2014, 07:32 PM)nissan man Wrote: Here are some images from my company in some time in 1921. As you can see i'm making around 16 to 20 million a month right now, have 67 million cash and 686 million in the bank. My HQ is in Phoenix, AZ however all my branches and factories in the states are in the east. My profit skyrocketed after WW1 as i prepared a factory in Amsterdam during the war and designed models for Europe. Right after the war i built a branch in every large city, another factory in London as an all out assault on the euro market. It worked. Now it's time for another update for all my models.

Thanks for sharing. That profit chart really shows the massive jump after WW1 Smile
Id be interested to see your most successful vehicle in that period, was it mostly one or were you building a variety.

To answer your question my number 1 seller is a pick-up truck that i build for less than $200 and sell 9000 per month at $1200. I also have a Phaeton with 2 trims (one for the usa and one for europe) with a similar profit margin that i sell a bunch of as well. For Europe during the war i designed a microcar and had many in my factory ready for sale when the war ended. Someone in another post talked about the Ford Model T, so i copied the strategy and basically updated my cars every half a decade using the same parts i designed in 1909. My current model year cars are 1916 but i'm working on the 1921's now to have them ready by late 22.

(02-03-2014, 08:17 PM)nissan man Wrote:
(02-03-2014, 07:37 PM)Arakash Wrote:

To answer your question my number 1 seller is a pick-up truck that i build for less than $200 and sell 9000 per month at $1200. I also have a Phaeton with 2 trims (one for the usa and one for europe) with a similar profit margin that i sell a bunch of as well. For Europe during the war i designed a microcar and had many in my factory ready for sale when the war ended. Someone in another post talked about the Ford Model T, so i copied the strategy and basically updated my cars every half a decade using the same parts i designed in 1909. My current model year cars are 1916 but i'm working on the 1921's now to have them ready by late 22.

Very interesting.
The pickup is always a good choice, ive heard a lot of people having success with it, and ive had success with it as well.
Personally i would go Compact(economy car) instead of Micro in Europe. Higher demand but just as cheap to make.

Personally, i didn't know you could take 10 year old parts and make a vehicle with date 10 years newer. (So 1909 parts in a 1920 model).
Its a good thought, it avoids the sales drop after your designs get 5+ years old, but doesn't force you to spend 700k designing all new components.
Im not sure if there is other major disadvantage to that, beyond the fact the stats on components drop over time and the reduced image from reusing parts.

Im still keen to know what difficulty you were playing on, largely so its easier to judge how balanced the current version is. This build of the game has taxes turned off, which gives a lot more profits. Playing on Easy also tends to vastly increase your profits.
the difficultly is in the title Wink

So for my 1921 models designed a new gearbox and 2 new chassis. i dropped my 1916 flat 4 3.2 liter (making about 78 hp) in some models and stuck with the 1909 flat 4 in others (48 hp). Transitioning to the new models was tough and overall profits are down but i'm still above 12 million in profit after 6 months of losses.
(02-03-2014, 10:08 PM)nissan man Wrote: the difficultly is in the title Wink
medium skill?
I had no idea what that meant.
When i talk about skill ingame, im usually talking about R&D skill or the various other types of skill which effect when components become available. (there are also a ton of other skills, in everything from manufacture to marketing)
If you had of said Normal i might have guessed you were talking about difficulty, but you said medium :S.

Sorry about that, but to me, it seems really ambiguous.
Finished this Game, screen shot for the final tally, i think my 1921 truck sold a million units, i know it was close.