Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED]Modifying components
(02-02-2014, 11:37 PM)Eric.B Wrote: 1) There are a certain amount of times a design can be refined by your design time. Each time you "modify" the component this cost will increase and the amount of improvement will decrease. Eventually this becomes a zero-sum game as the design will not be improvable thus you're better off just building a new design.

Ratings of said component will increase the amount shown. Costs are factored in at the end of turn.

Okay, so I just tested it out to pay closer attention to what was happening and I was expecting a new part to be researched rather than just replacing the old one which is why I missed it.
Can I suggest that the cost of this needs some balancing? It charged me over $5 mill for the first upgrade of a 5 year old 4 cylinder engine that cost me $166k to research originally. I did gain some improvements to some of the ratings for doing it but hp torque and mpg didn't change at all.
Similarly outrageous prices were being ask for gearbox and chassis upgrading.

(02-02-2014, 11:37 PM)Eric.B Wrote: S) Such an idea seems reasonable, but in reality how much different is it than just designing a new block? Adding an extra layer of buttons to click through seems like a bit much... The reason the trim/model year system is how it is, is because of the additional need to design the physical vehicle.

I think a better way to go about it would be to add a "clone existing component" button to the already suggested "Slider Summery" window. This reduces the work and gui for both you and me! Smile

That would be an acceptable compromise. However, only half of this request was about saving time. The other half was about not paying a full development cost for what is a very simple operation (Re the bolting on a blower example).
Having said that. With the cost of the upgrade system as it currently stands (see above) it would probably be cheaper to design the engine from scratch. =p

Messages In This Thread
[FIXED]Modifying components - by Frankschtaldt - 02-02-2014, 08:18 PM
RE: Modifying components - by Arakash - 02-02-2014, 08:25 PM
RE: Modifying components - by Eric.B - 02-02-2014, 11:37 PM
RE: Modifying components - by Frankschtaldt - 02-03-2014, 12:42 AM
RE: Modifying components - by Geredis - 02-04-2014, 11:47 AM
RE: Modifying components - by Frankschtaldt - 02-04-2014, 02:32 PM
RE: Modifying components - by Sarchez - 02-03-2014, 01:48 AM
RE: Modifying components - by Eric.B - 03-13-2015, 11:59 PM
RE: [FIXED]Modifying components - by Eric.B - 03-14-2015, 08:02 AM
RE: [FIXED]Modifying components - by Eric.B - 03-17-2015, 05:46 AM