Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED]Crash when opening newspaper.
the game crashes, when I open the newspaper. (Only seen it in this savegame).

Attached Files
.log   Logfile.log (Size: 33.93 KB / Downloads: 477)
This bug has been taken care of, eventually I'll get artwork for mergers when this case fires...

Anyhoo, marking as fixed for 1.12.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
It's happening to me with version 1.15.4

It's not a crippling issue, I just thought worthwhile to report it.

By the way, if Mr. game developer reads this, your game is fantastic already, you are awesome and you put entire game studios to shame by releasing something fun and functional which they can't do with millions of dollars.

I recommend you get in touch with the people working on the game Automation, as both of you are dealing with the same subject and similar issues, maybe you can help each other out.

Good luck and keep rocking.
(09-19-2014, 06:27 AM)Wagster Wrote: It's happening to me with version 1.15.4

It's not a crippling issue, I just thought worthwhile to report it.
Yup, it was reported to me just recently. I have a save game sitting on my computer waiting for testing to resolve this issue. I'm just trying to get other features out of the way first before I do it. But it will be fixed for 1.16 release.

Quote:By the way, if Mr. game developer reads this, your game is fantastic already, you are awesome and you put entire game studios to shame by releasing something fun and functional which they can't do with millions of dollars.
I'm flattered. If I had those kinds of resources, I'd probably have to make unfun games too! Wink

Quote:I recommend you get in touch with the people working on the game Automation, as both of you are dealing with the same subject and similar issues, maybe you can help each other out.
I did a long long time ago, around 2011, when I first ran into their project. While great guys, they were not warm to the idea. The want to take their project in a completely different direction. And I don't blame them. I assume at the time that meant our economic simulator was too detailed/involved for them. But only time will tell... That being said, My formats are open, assuming theirs are, it could theoretically be possible to write some sort of converter program where you design cars in Automation game, but use our simulator. Although I suggest waiting until they finish the game before anyone undertakes such action.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
Fixed the Panama Independence newspaper issue.