Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Franky's Mod
If we're talking about potential engine content to add, how about turbines? I wanna build a Batmobile.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turbine_en...acing_cars

Also Eric, if you're around reading, an idea for electric cars to closer follow real life more would be to put an extra "battery capacity" slider or stat for vehicles when you're designing them since the main obstacle in ye olde electric cars iirc was range. It would also extend to modern times and beyond when you're talking hybrids and plug ins like the Model S.
If memory serves me, turbines were brought up before and they will make it in along with radials after I fix the cylinderless engine bugs.

I'm always around reading. I read everything publicly written about the game, multiple times! Wink

"Battery Capacity" slider is actually a pretty good idea to help balance electric's advantages over the other systems.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Hello,

As a real freak of automotive history and a big fan of GearCity (since recently) I find your project very interesting.

I have already sugested some new features to Eric (LINK), but he told me to propose them here as well, because it is too late to implement them in the official vanilla game.

What I would like to see in the game is more choices in the following fields:

-valvetrain: add SOHC 4 valve, DOHC 4-valve and also both of them with variable timing. Maybe sleeve valves could be an interesting temporary solution (they were really popular in luxury cars between 1905-1925),
-gearboxes: add planetary and preselector (the latter could probably be added officially, though), and maybe decrease the number of gears early in the game (the 5th gear was very rare before 1970s and extremely rare before the 1950s, while in the game I have 6 speed transmissions during the I WW !!)
-fuel delivery systems (modded as fuel types): for gasoline - 1/2/4-barrel carbs in sets of 1, 2 or 3, plus mechanical injection and electronic single/multipoint. For diesels - indirect/direct/common-rail injection.
-air cooling as an option for the most common engine blocks (sinlge, twin, flat),
-ideally also a couple of brake systems (mechanical 2-wheel, mechanical 4-wheel, hydraulic drum, front disk, 4-wheel disk, vented disk), but I know it will be difficult to find a place to mod them (somewhere in chassis types...?)
-suspension: cantilever leaf springs dor luxury cars in the 20s and 30s.

Also, I haven't seen my favorite car type in this game - the European GT / American personal luxury car - I know that the 2+2 coupe is similar, but in the game it is rather a kind of a sports car. I do not know if such a modification is possible in a mod?

What do you think about these?

BTW, if you need any help with historical accuracy of the particular components (dates, popularity, advantages and disadventages, etc.) I will gladly help you. I can already answer your question about the 4-cylinder engines - yes, it is true that the first ones appeared around 1900-1901, but they became widespread almost immediately (in expensive cars at least).

Good luck with your project!! Looking forward to play the mod!!