Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[FIXED]Big list of suggestions
(01-31-2014, 02:08 PM)Eric.B Wrote: The design skills restricts what can be used, I think it's called SkillReq in the xml file.
The company's skill in that field has to be higher than the SkillReq before they can use it... Over the years this Skillreq will decrease...
Quote:Mursadies will start with a high enough design skill to build such gearboxes. AI skill points and behaviour points are currently not released. Right now they'll all set the same. But larger companies will have this advantage when I finalize the AI.
Quote:These should all be available assuming high enough design skill. The "Easy" mode design skills should probably be given a slight boost to allow these...

Everything is working pretty much as you expected =)
After making the original post I went back and made an easy game as part of my mod testing and found a whole bunch of stuff was available in easy mode that wasn't available in normal.
Can I suggest that at least 2 cylinder engines be made available in normal? That way there'll be smaller steps between easy -> normal -> hard

Quote:I'm looking into all specs for vehicles as soon I'm done playing with the AI designing system. (Which is almost finished) Some of this stuff breaks as I add layers of more complexity to the system. Hopefully I can get all the specs finalized in this or the next build...

My mod solves these issues by combining valve train with fuel type (as per the other thread) So side valve and sleeve valve engines loose a decent amount of power when compared to OHV, OHC and DOHC. I've also included a "4 Stroke - Early" which is even weaker and is meant to account for all of the really strange and inefficient valve systems that were used in the early days.

I've also downrated Diesel quite a lot because it was WAY too strong. I plan on making OHV, OHC and DOHC Diesel variants at a later stage.

Quote:Thanks for the list of information. The major issue is writing formulas that work in 1900 as well in 1999... But we'll get there.

Smile

As per previous post. I'd be more than happy to make suggestions if you'd like the input =)

Messages In This Thread
[FIXED]Big list of suggestions - by Frankschtaldt - 01-30-2014, 04:12 AM
RE: Big list of suggestions - by Arakash - 01-30-2014, 05:52 AM
RE: Big list of suggestions - by Frankschtaldt - 01-30-2014, 02:29 PM
RE: Big list of suggestions - by Frankschtaldt - 01-31-2014, 07:43 AM
RE: Big list of suggestions - by Arakash - 01-31-2014, 08:58 AM
RE: Big list of suggestions - by Eric.B - 01-31-2014, 02:08 PM
RE: Big list of suggestions - by Frankschtaldt - 01-31-2014, 03:25 PM
RE: Big list of suggestions - by Eric.B - 01-30-2015, 12:17 AM
RE: [FIXED]Big list of suggestions - by Tridon - 01-30-2015, 09:04 AM