Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[FIXED]Big list of suggestions
Quote:You'll see why I'm asking this below but tl;dr I was going to apply some of my following suggestions as a mod to this XML file and offer it for people to use but I'm wondering if there's something somewhere else that's restricting development of these things until 1901 or is it just a bug?

The design skills restricts what can be used, I think it's called SkillReq in the xml file.
The company's skill in that field has to be higher than the SkillReq before they can use it... Over the years this Skillreq will decrease...

Quote:irstly, gearboxes are currently limited to max 3 gears at start of play but 4 should also be available. The Mercedes 35hp (which I will reference a few times in this post) had a 4 speed gearbox and it went on sale in 1901. For this to be possible (in game) research on that gearbox would need to commence in 1900.
Mursadies will start with a high enough design skill to build such gearboxes. AI skill points and behaviour points are currently not released. Right now they'll all set the same. But larger companies will have this advantage when I finalize the AI.

Quote:- The following engine layouts should be available right off the bat: Single cylinder (as it is currently), Straight 2, V2, Flat 2 and Straight 4.
These should all be available assuming high enough design skill. The "Easy" mode design skills should probably be given a slight boost to allow these...

Quote:b) Old engines are too powerful
c) Many of the engine weights and dimensions and other numbers of different engine layouts don't add up.
a) Power and torque numbers are all out of whack.
b) Bore and stoke limits should be higher.
I'm looking into all specs for vehicles as soon I'm done playing with the AI designing system. (Which is almost finished) Some of this stuff breaks as I add layers of more complexity to the system. Hopefully I can get all the specs finalized in this or the next build...

Thanks for the list of information. The major issue is writing formulas that work in 1900 as well in 1999... But we'll get there.

Smile
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski

Messages In This Thread
[FIXED]Big list of suggestions - by Frankschtaldt - 01-30-2014, 04:12 AM
RE: Big list of suggestions - by Arakash - 01-30-2014, 05:52 AM
RE: Big list of suggestions - by Frankschtaldt - 01-30-2014, 02:29 PM
RE: Big list of suggestions - by Frankschtaldt - 01-31-2014, 07:43 AM
RE: Big list of suggestions - by Arakash - 01-31-2014, 08:58 AM
RE: Big list of suggestions - by Eric.B - 01-31-2014, 02:08 PM
RE: Big list of suggestions - by Frankschtaldt - 01-31-2014, 03:25 PM
RE: Big list of suggestions - by Eric.B - 01-30-2015, 12:17 AM
RE: [FIXED]Big list of suggestions - by Tridon - 01-30-2015, 09:04 AM