Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[FIXED]Big list of suggestions
Hmmmm, firstly, my apologies. This should have been posted in the suggestions section. I started it here because it was going to be a list of mods I was going to do but it became something else and I forgot to move it =/

Thanks Arakash, I figured it must have been something like that but wasn't sure. That Mercedes 35hp was the first car to carry that name (Though other more experienced people were involved) so it should be possible to make a few more engine layouts if you choose a sufficiently advanced major city as your starting point.

Eric has pointed me to his XML editor of choice so I'll be doing up a mod aimed at section 1 over the weekend and I'll share it when it's done.

With regards to section 2 I'd really really love to see some of the equations the game uses behind the scenes to work out it's engine stats and car speeds etc. Though, that might be asking a bit much I guess =P

Just read this:
(01-30-2014, 10:31 AM)Eric.B Wrote: Combining valvetrain with layouts would be no problem.

Valves would be a little more work as I would have to add AI selection code and more balancing. (It's enough to break the game like it's broke now! )

Considering the fact most DOHC's engines are 4 valves, and a good number of SOHC are 2 valves, I think adding this extra layer of detail is a little much.

So valvetrain configuration will probably make its way into the game (combined with engine layout) but don't expect valve numbers or fuel delivery systems.

in this thread.

Might try an include that in my mod. Who knows, it could actually do away with the need for different eras of Gas.

Messages In This Thread
[FIXED]Big list of suggestions - by Frankschtaldt - 01-30-2014, 04:12 AM
RE: Big list of suggestions - by Arakash - 01-30-2014, 05:52 AM
RE: Big list of suggestions - by Frankschtaldt - 01-30-2014, 02:29 PM
RE: Big list of suggestions - by Frankschtaldt - 01-31-2014, 07:43 AM
RE: Big list of suggestions - by Arakash - 01-31-2014, 08:58 AM
RE: Big list of suggestions - by Eric.B - 01-31-2014, 02:08 PM
RE: Big list of suggestions - by Frankschtaldt - 01-31-2014, 03:25 PM
RE: Big list of suggestions - by Eric.B - 01-30-2015, 12:17 AM
RE: [FIXED]Big list of suggestions - by Tridon - 01-30-2015, 09:04 AM