Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED]Design Chassis Bug (Hard ode only)
Hello,

Today I've been trying to start a new game in hard, and I could not design a Chassis...

It does not allow me to choose the layout of the chassis, that is, I can not choose (or change) FR, FF, etc... I know these come later, but I can not even choose the first one available usually, FR..

Not sure this is a bug, but for sure, hard to begin when you can not produce a chassis, and so, a car... I tried to wait for other competitor to develop one, and then to buy them the chassis out, but I could not, going bankruptcy, of course...

Could not find any logfile, don't know why also...
"I build the cars I like. If people wished to buy them, well, that could possibly be arranged." E. BUGATTI
(01-21-2014, 02:27 PM)Laurent Tommy Flanagann Wrote: Hello,

Today I've been trying to start a new game in hard, and I could not design a Chassis...

It does not allow me to choose the layout of the chassis, that is, I can not choose (or change) FR, FF, etc... I know these come later, but I can not even choose the first one available usually, FR..

Not sure this is a bug, but for sure, hard to begin when you can not produce a chassis, and so, a car... I tried to wait for other competitor to develop one, and then to buy them the chassis out, but I could not, going bankruptcy, of course...

Could not find any logfile, don't know why also...

I can confirm this, saw the same thing.
I do have a logfile though, so i didnt see that part of your problem.

To Eric:
Im obviously stepping well outside my knowlege/expertise here but....
I suspect it has something to do with design skill requirements, because when i edit the skill requirement of the FR down in the "hard" save, FR appears as normal. Hopefully that is in someway helpful.

To Laurent:
Its off topic, but on trying to wait until someone else develops something... (years for e.g.)
Demolish your factory and branch, your monthly cost will go down to under 1k per month.
Then build a 200-500k factory (subsidised) right before your first vehicle is designed.
This may seem expensive, but depending on how long your inactive(needs to be a year or more i think), you will probably save more money than you lose.

In one of my last games i wrote a thread about, (on normal btw) i waited until 1908 doing that, only lost a few hundred k.
Minor bug on my part, it has been resolved for 1.12. Sorry about that!
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski