Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[FIXED]Startup suggestion
You may already have plans for this but I do have another suggestion regarding startup facilities.

Currently when you start the game you choose a city and get given (a very small) sales branch and factory in that city. While this is an easy option for beginners I think there's a better way for experienced players.

If you're playing in normal or hard mode, rather than automatically placing a factory and a branch of a preset size in your chosen city you should instead be give some extra cash and prompted to build your factory and branches using the normal method you use once the game has already started.

This will give people a lot more freedom to customize what facilities they have for the type of company they want to make.

So for example you could build a large factory in a low income area to save on production costs but not bother with a branch in that city because no one there will buy anyway. Or maybe you want to build a small, high tech factory in London or Berlin to focus on low turnover, high profit luxury cars.

The time it takes to build the factory isn't really an issue because you're generally spending your first year and a bit on rnd before you have anything to build. Plenty of time to make a startup factory =)
I'll make a note of it.

In the future I'll probably be expanding the new game options, so this will be one that makes the list.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Won't this be a problem with the rnd being in the production facility, so no rnd will actually be done before it's been build ?

I agree, that the branch don't need to be created though.
(01-29-2014, 10:45 AM)Sarchez Wrote: Won't this be a problem with the rnd being in the production facility, so no rnd will actually be done before it's been build ?

I agree, that the branch don't need to be created though.

Good point. An easy fix could be to allow an incomplete factory to do research.
Added this feature to the game. It does not give you additional money, however you can input your own custom amount of funds. Thus allowing you to make the game as hard as you like.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski