Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[FIXED]Playing with Unlimited Money
I would like to play the game with unlimited money to do all the amazing things that I would like to do in an effort to create an alternative history in the development of the automobile. As example search this forum for my entry in the general discussion of Gear City, “The World’s Greatest Automotive Challenge,”. Unlimited funds would be a great way to test the game and I actually enjoy playing games that one does not need to stress over like the perils of life as we know it. In the old Detroit game I could play with unlimited funds if I rigged it. Perhaps an option switch can be added or cheat code?
If you have the current hotfix, you can use IPOs to increase your money infinitely. This will of course be fixed in 1.12, but I might be able to put in a debugging tool to allow you to "cheat" Tongue
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
(01-17-2014, 04:42 PM)Eric.B Wrote: If you have the current hotfix, you can use IPOs to increase your money infinitely. This will of course be fixed in 1.12, but I might be able to put in a debugging tool to allow you to "cheat" Tongue

I think it is probably a good idea for the Open Beta versions.
The reason for this is sometimes it is very difficult to test things while trying to concern yourself with the profitability of your company. (I know there is a workaround, but having it available to all Open Beta Testers)
If your concerned about the implications of having something like that in the game, you can always remove it once we leave the Open Beta.
So if I understand correctly if I was to download 1.11.1 and constantly ask for an IPO I would receive more money? Could I do this several times in a turn or is it monthly only? Would the dollar amount lessen as time goes on? I can be safe to assume my current saved games will no longer be valid correct?
Yes, Don't Remember, it's based on the IPO price at that time, No.

The bug is fixed in 1.12 Wink

I'll add some cheaty/money stuff in 1.13...
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
What actually is the bug?
Or, I guess a better question is how is an IPO supposed to behave?
You're only supposed to be able to IPO once... Unless you take the company private (which isn't an option)
Eric - Speaking of IPOs and privatizing the company, will there be plans to let you privatize if you see fit, provided of course you have funds to buy back all of those shares that are floating out there?

And aside from the cash infusion and the risk of other companies buying into yours (and possibly buying you out!), what sort of effects are you planning on this having in the game? FOr instance, accountability to those shareholders where they might ask you to build a new sedan because a competitor has become very successful with it, or an instruction for you to design an entirely new chassis, because they're tired of you just revising the old one over and over again?
(02-06-2014, 01:04 PM)Geredis Wrote: And aside from the cash infusion and the risk of other companies buying into yours (and possibly buying you out!), what sort of effects are you planning on this having in the game? FOr instance, accountability to those shareholders where they might ask you to build a new sedan because a competitor has become very successful with it, or an instruction for you to design an entirely new chassis, because they're tired of you just revising the old one over and over again?
If your interested, this topic was discussed here towards the end of the post. I liked the idea there suggested by Laurent Tommy Flanagan, and i like the similar idea you've suggested here.
In a lot of ways, i like the ingame flavor the idea tends to lead towards, though of course everything in moderation Smile
Added custom starting amounts. Not exactly unlimited but you can rig it to be a good sum of cash.

Marking the thread as fixed.