Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED]Car performance ?!?
I know I make crappy designs, we already established that.
But atleast the AI is making worse ones still!

I bought American Car Company.
Their only car has acceleration -1 ?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The -1's means the vehicle can't get to that speed to test, I need to replace the text to something like N/A. Thanks for reminding me Smile
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Couldt it be possible that this is a bug? My own designs do have the same problem. For example I designed a compact sedan with about 10hp in the year 1900. With 1.10, the design was worth about 50 km/h, which I think is correcht. With 1.11, the almost identical design ist only worth 17 km/h, which ist far to low. Even a Roadster with 22hp engine only achieves 22 km/h (and 1-star rating) in 1.11.

I recognized also a bug in the showroom. Vehicle dimenson are much shorter in the showroom infos than in reality.
Hi Celeste,

See this topic http://www.ventdev.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1095

It's something else that's causing that problem.
Is the game using HP or bHP? Anyway, the Ford Model T introduced in 1908 had a 20 bHP @ 1800 rpm and a top speed of just 42 mph (67 km/h). The Model A introduced in 1927 had a 40 bHP @ 2200 rpm and a top speed of 65mph (104 km/h).
(01-14-2014, 05:32 PM)Sarchez Wrote: Hi Celeste,

See this topic http://www.ventdev.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1095

It's something else that's causing that problem.

Saw your thread too late Smile

By the way, the Hanomag 2/10 PS (Komissbrot) managed 50 km/h with 10 PS.
All vehicle stats have been adjusted, making this thread moot.

The game measures in HP since I factor in the gearbox.

Acceleration is -1 in some places still, I will get to this eventually, it's on my list.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski