Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Request: List Moddable Files in the readme or a new Sticky
I would like to see a list of moddable files on the modding forum as a resource to people who are looking to mod the game.
It could be in the readme, or in a separate thread, depending on what the moderators want.

The reason i bring this up:
I was looking through the game files to see if i could mod the starting conditions(starting money and factory), so i could run a test im having trouble running without bankrupting myself.
The only ones ive found which are easily editable are the xml files under scripts, which control some(perhaps all) of the events, all of the components, all of the cities and the AI start conditions.
Is that all of them?
Everything in the script folder.

Starting conditions can't be changed right now. In the future I'll turn these things into sliders which you can adjust before game. I'll probably include various sliders to adjust the buying population etc.

If you have 3d modelling skills you can also add more cars to the game. And before retail I'll release the map files so you can add/remove cities if you want.

You should also be able to customize the GUI skins and the GUI it self somewhat, just be sure NOT to delete anything in the existing GUI.

Eventually after retail is released I will make a wiki page detailing all the modding options in the game. We'll probably include some tips and tutorials etc. Right now it's not a huge priority because things change so quickly.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
(01-14-2014, 09:35 AM)Eric.B Wrote: Everything in the script folder.

Starting conditions can't be changed right now. In the future I'll turn these things into sliders which you can adjust before game. I'll probably include various sliders to adjust the buying population etc.

If you have 3d modelling skills you can also add more cars to the game. And before retail I'll release the map files so you can add/remove cities if you want.

You should also be able to customize the GUI skins and the GUI it self somewhat, just be sure NOT to delete anything in the existing GUI.

Eventually after retail is released I will make a wiki page detailing all the modding options in the game. We'll probably include some tips and tutorials etc. Right now it's not a huge priority because things change so quickly.

Thats interesting, ill have to keep an eye open for it later.
What files are the racing series data in?

I was thinking if I could find the file I would make some more realistic racing series instead of the current test series.
(01-16-2014, 05:55 AM)Drake Wrote: What files are the racing series data in?

I was thinking if I could find the file I would make some more realistic racing series instead of the current test series.

Eventually I'll be putting in all major racing series with different names of course!

Anyhoo you can find that information in the bottom of the Components.xml file located in /media/Scripts/
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
Looking at the XML files (contemplating making a mod) in the script folder and I had a quick question.
How do we know if a high number is good or bad?

I ask this because when comparing diesel to 4 stroke petrol it's numbers suggest it's lighter and cheaper (smaller numbers). Neither of which are really the case.
Generally, some numbers are as I'd expect them whilst others are reversed so I figure I'm not reading them all correctly.
(01-29-2014, 01:38 AM)Frankschtaldt Wrote: Looking at the XML files (contemplating making a mod) in the script folder and I had a quick question.
How do we know if a high number is good or bad?

I ask this because when comparing diesel to 4 stroke petrol it's numbers suggest it's lighter and cheaper (smaller numbers). Neither of which are really the case.
Generally, some numbers are as I'd expect them whilst others are reversed so I figure I'm not reading them all correctly.

You'll probably want to wait for the ModWiki before adjusting component numbers. Once I get this manual stuff finished and in the game I'll probably start working on said wiki in my non-programming time.
lol, fair enough!

I must say. That sounds suspiciously like pseudo-programming during your non-programming time. =P
I only own one computer that can run the game. So anytime I'm stuck on another computer I work on things that don't require the game to work on. Smile
LOL fair enough.

Speaking of fair a heads up is in order. I'm currently formulating (in my head) a big list of suggestions relating to availability dates and and balance and some other bits and pieces which I will put in a post later (when I get home from work hopefully).

To put your mind at ease the intention isn't to push you to fix things now but rather to give you some food for thought for later when your fine tuning things before release.