Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED]Takeover Bug? (AGAIN)
Hey,

I noticed something while buying out competitors that were nearly dead...

I can't remember the name, but a competitor was worth $600K, that is, almost nothing! So I bought it out (Takeover), and, well, my cash available went up for some millions (3-4).

Then, I sold it right after and before ending my turn (Sold all the branches I did not want as well as for factories).

TWO turns later, I have monthly profits of about $ 7M (which is not even the amount of the marque I sold), and I also noticed I had the same amount in my Bank account.

So I have 3 assumptions:
1. When you takeover a brand, you get the cash amount the bought company had available (which should sound quite obvious and normal) as well as its bank account amount, so it's normal.

2. My understanding of the stock market does not allow me to understand well enough how it works, and it's still normal... (But could someone help me with this?!)

3. There should be a bug here...
"I build the cars I like. If people wished to buy them, well, that could possibly be arranged." E. BUGATTI
I believe the major issue is the evaluation of the value of the company.
I have just now changed how it evaluates the value of factories and branches. Soon as it builds I'll test these changes to see how well it works.

Most likely the company was losing money every turn. It still had cash reserves, thus why you were able to pick it up cheaply.

Anyway I'll make sure that you can't "game" the system in 1.12 Wink

(Maybe I'll add some merging admin overhead too)
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Yes, but I am not sure there is no bug, as I get the money twice... First, instantaneously when I sell the marque, and then, again, two turns later! (in the top left corner, in Profits)
"I build the cars I like. If people wished to buy them, well, that could possibly be arranged." E. BUGATTI
(01-13-2014, 09:38 AM)Eric.B Wrote: (Maybe I'll add some merging admin overhead too)

Please remove admin costs all together until they can be properly fixed.. They make the game unplayable.

See my thread: http://www.ventdev.com/forums/showthread...88#pid2288
I've improved the stock eval system a little more.
I've also adjusted the take over voting rules slightly, making it a little harder to do a take over by board vote.

Admin cost were fixed in a previous thread.

All in all this ticket is fixed and included in 1.12 Smile
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski