Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED]Saves Bug
hi there,

Trying the new beta version (1.11) since this morning and experiencing same problem as before with saves...

When I load the "saved" game, it launches an AUTOSAVE of this one...

It is really annoying as, in my mind, it should be the autosave slot that actually autosaves...

That is, even the SAVE AS button is useless, as the game automatically saves the game each turn on the started (or launched) game, but not on the autosave one...

Quite annoying!
Am I the only one experiencing it?
"I build the cars I like. If people wished to buy them, well, that could possibly be arranged." E. BUGATTI
I'm trying to get a clear understanding of this,

You save a game, game1.db
it auto saves, Autosave.db
you save as, game2.db
you load the autosave and the game saves to game1 now?

Is that what you don't like? Or is it something else.

Autosave occurs the 6th and 12th months... The game shouldn't save every turn.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Nope,

I'll try to be clear this time! When I save the Lo1.db (that is, when I click on Save or Save As), well, it saves obviously ;-)

The problem is when I launch the same saved game (Lo1.db), it launches some kind of autosave that had NOT been made by me. Like if the game was autosaving on THIS game (still Lo1.db) even if I DID NOT click on save (or save as) before quitting.

As a matter of fact, it seems that the game autosaves on the game I started (still Lo1.db) instead of the Autosave.db!

I hope I am clear enough to make my point this time!

But I found out a small solution, each time I want to save, I click on the Save As button TWICE, and create two saved games at the same time, with two different names. This way, if something goes wrong I can still launch a "No problem or before bad decision" saved game.
"I build the cars I like. If people wished to buy them, well, that could possibly be arranged." E. BUGATTI
(01-13-2014, 08:27 AM)Laurent Tommy Flanagann Wrote: Nope,

I'll try to be clear this time! When I save the Lo1.db (that is, when I click on Save or Save As), well, it saves obviously ;-)

The problem is when I launch the same saved game (Lo1.db), it launches some kind of autosave that had NOT been made by me. Like if the game was autosaving on THIS game (still Lo1.db) even if I DID NOT click on save (or save as) before quitting.

As a matter of fact, it seems that the game autosaves on the game I started (still Lo1.db) instead of the Autosave.db!

I hope I am clear enough to make my point this time!

But I found out a small solution, each time I want to save, I click on the Save As button TWICE, and create two saved games at the same time, with two different names. This way, if something goes wrong I can still launch a "No problem or before bad decision" saved game.

Ill share something that may or may not be related.
It seems to suggest the Autosave on quit youve noticed.

I noticed recently that if you:
Save your game (lets call it S1)
Copy your save(S1) and rename it (lets call it S2)
Delete the original save (delete S1)
Move the renamed save copy into the folder (move S2 into the save folder)
Load the renamed save S2 (which seems to work fine btw)
Exit the game (without saving)

It will create another save in your savegame folder, named after your original save name (S1 in this case)
So now you have S1 and S2 in the savegame folder.

This is a bit weird. No idea why the game does that.

(01-13-2014, 08:27 AM)Laurent Tommy Flanagann Wrote: But I found out a small solution, each time I want to save, I click on the Save As button TWICE, and create two saved games at the same time, with two different names. This way, if something goes wrong I can still launch a "No problem or before bad decision" saved game.

Before the save as function came in, i did this by copy pasting saves into another folder.
Im still doing that now rather than "save as" while im testing things.

I originally assumed the one save thing was an indication that the game designer wanted all games to be in ironman mode (no reload on mistake). Obviously this was my assumption rather than something Eric said.
I do believe I have this one fixed. Forgot to close the connection to the original db, as such it would save over that file as well.

Fix will be included in 1.12, if the problem shows up again let me know Smile
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Will let you know, for sure, thanks for fixing it anyway!

Any idea on my other "saving related bug"? That is, I can't load any saved body design... (Nothing appears on load window, See other post here: http://www.ventdev.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1128)