Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED]Viewing Factories, Cost vs revenue, etc
(01-10-2014, 02:40 PM)geozero Wrote: I added this to suggestions as I did not see this in game, so the "question" becomes a suggestion.

Where do I view a list of ALL my factories without going to the map and hunting them down. As I expand my company and build factories it is hard to remember where I built them or what they are building. A way to find a total Factory list, then click that city name and see every car being built there would be great.

There are a few ways to get this information but none which breaks it down the way you're looking for. To find the Info check the various combo boxes in the sales book.

I plan on adding a color option to the world map that will allow you to see where branches and factories are. Just like when you look at AI companies.

Also will be adding a factories only checkbox to the MegaMenu.

Quote:Secondly it would be nice to see data on each "branch" to determine if the cars are profitable in that branch or region. I expanded my empire on my game and saw that India was selling like 2 cars per month. I could not remember the cost to build and maintain that branch but I figured that several branches were draining my income revenue as they were not selling enough units to justify being open. Shame I wanted a world empire.

See my reply to Arakash below.

Quote:I figured that branches not selling 100+ cars each month by after 1910 were not worth keeping So basically it's New York, London, Chicago, and 2-3 other cities. That's it. Everything else is a cash drain. I understand the algorithms are based on historical world data but it doesn't seem right not to have a profitable branch in say Syndey, Australia when there are NO other competitors there. Some branches were not selling ANY cars at all for months, yet the branch employed 100+ people. Granted I should have invested marketing dollars as well, but they were just losing money.

I am able to run a profitable company in Australia. Shipping to Australia on the other hand may not be profitable. Transport cost will get you, check the expense logs under transport in the combo box.

(01-10-2014, 11:05 PM)Arakash Wrote: What i would like to see is an "Overall Expenses on Delivery per Model per city"
This would do what ive been doing manually and add all the expenses up per model and tell me exactly how much it is costing me to get certain vehicles to the customer.
This then forms the basis of my sales price.

Also useful would be a "Profits per Model per City"
This would again save you maths by comparing your sales price and overall expenses to give you overall profits per vehicle model in each city.
This report especially would be extremely useful in everyday gameplay.

Would either of these options in the sales book/reports help you out geozero?

Perhaps I could throw in another report that has all the factories, the models in each factory, lines used,total model costs, breakdown of costs?
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski

Messages In This Thread
RE: Viewing Factories, Cost vs revenue, etc - by Eric.B - 01-11-2014, 10:34 AM