Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Labor Skills
I need some help with labor skills.

It is 1908, since start i have spended a lot of money on research teams. I started spending something like 50.000 / each component. In 1908 i am spending 400.000 / each component yearly.

I have designed 3 engines, 3 chassis, 2 gearboxes and designed 4 different models and retrofitet them 2-3 times each.

After 3 years i got a abysmal rating on the first 3 (manufacturing, research, administration). Last month i noticed my research skill dropped down tot horrible again.

What am i doing wrong? I'm spending over 1,6m each year and my skill is decreasing.

In 7 years i have produced something like 60.000 cars. Still my manufacturing skills is only abysmal.

Are my designs contributing to low skill level? What can i do to improve my skills?

Thx in advance, screen and save in attachment.

Sad My administration skills went down to horrible 2 turns later as well.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.rar   Darrazia.rar (Size: 850.21 KB / Downloads: 433)
The only advice i can give here is based on what ive written in the FAQ. Not sure if its accurate for the current version though.

Im not sure specifically on the marketing/admin/research skill your mentioning.
Most of the time, im focused on the specific research skills in specific areas, so that's where i can share some experience.
For example, the research skill that allows you to unlock different types of engines and numbers of cylinders.

I find the effects of the other skills often really hard to recognise outside of the game statistics in save files, if at all.

So for those skills i mentioned, like engine/chassis/gearbox skill...
When you use research teams, it takes more than just having a design and spending money on research teams.
I believe its also based (in some fashion) on the statistics of the actual design, compared to your current skill.

So, if you were to make really terrible designs or perhaps even average/mediocre ones, your research teams may actually be of little or no benefit to your skills.

What i do, is design a "all sliders to max" component in each category and vehicle every say 5-6 years.
Beyond just a concept car for research, i find this car is also useful for racing.

The other thing ill mention is that skill gain is pretty glacially slow.
Ive yet to try a full game to 1930 using research teams (im quite time constrained lately) but in my to-1915 games, the effect didn't cause a stunning difference.
That said, afaik, the skill gain is faster than not using it.
Ok, will try. Just finished designing my 13L 375 HP Engine ;-)