Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My (Very) Successful company
Yes, the IPO basically "launches" your company through the stock market!

That is, doing it early in the game will give you, as you said about $ 3M, but this amount is based on the actual "value" or let's say "performance" of your company! So, doing it in the early stages of the game will give you short amount of money compared to having it done later, when you actually already make profits.

As an example, if I do it now, that I am in 1906 and making between 30K to 100K profits a month, it should raise $ 330M (instead of $ 3M) for a market price about $ 400 (in my game).

But I also assume that your strategy is not that bad also, as it gives you the opportunity to raise funds quickly, and thenm you re-buy your shares. I have not tried that, as I said for my first game, I wanted to let the company worth value raising before doing so!

Thus, now that 1.11 is out, we know that stock split bug has been erased, so basically, yours may be the good strategy to use as it allows you to buy back your shares. In my mind, it would be much more difficult for me to buy back shares than it is for you, because, as I said, my estimated stock price would be $ 400, and that is worth a looooooot more that you buying it back in the early times of the game (Well, as you said, when you still do NOT have made profits - that is at low stock price)

Again, am I clear enough with my english? ;-)

BTW, IPO = Initial Public Offering

Meaning it "opens" or let's say "offers" public (Shareholders actually) to buy parts of your company to raise funds!

That is, it also assumes that you will be paying them (the shareholders) benefits over the shares they get, the dividend. Basically, the more you are successful, the more shareholders get per share, calculated yearly! And gotten once a year (Along with publication of results)
"I build the cars I like. If people wished to buy them, well, that could possibly be arranged." E. BUGATTI

Messages In This Thread
RE: My (Very) Successful company - by Arakash - 01-03-2014, 05:34 AM
RE: My (Very) Successful company - by Arakash - 01-05-2014, 09:23 AM
RE: My (Very) Successful company - by Arakash - 01-13-2014, 09:57 AM
RE: My (Very) Successful company - by Laurent Tommy Flanagann - 01-13-2014, 10:09 AM
RE: My (Very) Successful company - by Arakash - 01-13-2014, 10:21 AM
RE: My (Very) Successful company - by Arakash - 01-13-2014, 10:46 AM
RE: My (Very) Successful company - by Arakash - 01-13-2014, 11:03 AM
RE: My (Very) Successful company - by Eric.B - 01-13-2014, 12:06 PM