Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My (Very) Successful company
As I said on the other thread, I was playing in easy difficulty, as it was my first game. I did not have time to finish it so far.

So, as a matter of facts, I'll be playing in a harder mode next time.

About the stock market, I'd not say "I like" to buy others' companies shares. As I said, I quickly got LOTS of money (as far as I remember, I earned my first mil/month about 1909-1910... That is, I had so much money that I wanted to actually use it...

To precise then, there were two major competitors that were worth my company in those days (Dakrott for sure, and I am not sure about the other). While mine was $ 1 B, theirs were nearly 700-800 K millions... So I could NOT buy their shares, as it would have cost me too much...

Also, about cutting prices and margin down, and as I explained in the original post, the method I used was not to set a high price first. I chose to set it for twice my costs (only production costs) at LEAST. That is, and starting there, I was raising my production capacities to the maximum available for two-three months (to see how high went the sales)

Then, and only then, once I figured out how many cars I could sell at max per month, I raised the price to maximise profits! It usually took me several months to adjust, but my goal was not to loose any sale (compared to the amount of maximum sales I got before). So let's assume I raised 200-300 first to check, and so on, until the price caused drastical fall.

I am not sure if I am clear enough to make my point, but I assume the essential is there...

I will make sure, on my next game, to take multiple screens for all years, in order to check it more precisely!

I forgot to say, about the two competitors (Dakrott and ....?) that their stock price went down anyhow a few years later.

That is to say, I did not cause this! Or at least, not directly... But obviously, my sales did ;-)
"I build the cars I like. If people wished to buy them, well, that could possibly be arranged." E. BUGATTI

Messages In This Thread
RE: My (Very) Successful company - by Arakash - 01-03-2014, 05:34 AM
RE: My (Very) Successful company - by Arakash - 01-05-2014, 09:23 AM
RE: My (Very) Successful company - by Laurent Tommy Flanagann - 01-05-2014, 04:22 PM
RE: My (Very) Successful company - by Arakash - 01-13-2014, 09:57 AM
RE: My (Very) Successful company - by Arakash - 01-13-2014, 10:21 AM
RE: My (Very) Successful company - by Arakash - 01-13-2014, 10:46 AM
RE: My (Very) Successful company - by Arakash - 01-13-2014, 11:03 AM
RE: My (Very) Successful company - by Eric.B - 01-13-2014, 12:06 PM