Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED]Accessibility suggestions
I draw a short list of the amelioration I'd really like to appear in GC.

It could be really useful to develop a window for factories, branches, etc, from which you can simply click to go from one place to another. It is getting truly hard to find out where exactly your factories are when you get 15-20 of them... I know such an option exists within the megamenu, but it could be better to have a "next" button when opening Factory menu or branch. Detroit did it by the time. It should give the player more ease to move between windows obviously.

Also, it could be reat to have sliders for increasing/reducing the labor force, or branch workers. For example, during WW1 I experienced strikes at my suppliers, but I had to go to EACH factory to lower the labor force, for ALL my 4 model. And then, I had to go to Human resources, on EACH branch (which is much more annoying than factories, because of the number of branches!!!) to lower the amount of workers.... And then, I had to click on the fill factories buttons...
Maybe it is me, but does it have to be that hard to only reduce company costs for a short period (considering that i did NOT even talked about re-setting it up afterwards)??

Then, still in the same aim of facilitating navigation and ease to use, I strongly recommend a "Car book" cration. somewhere you can go to check any available model in the world. Its specs, its selling price, its performance, and maybe other features... It is soooo hard right now to TRULY compare 2 models. In the same idea of "Summary window" for factories or branches developped before in this thread, we should get a produced cars summary window.
"I build the cars I like. If people wished to buy them, well, that could possibly be arranged." E. BUGATTI
(01-01-2014, 09:05 AM)Laurent Tommy Flanagann Wrote: It could be really useful to develop a window for factories, branches, etc, from which you can simply click to go from one place to another. It is getting truly hard to find out where exactly your factories are when you get 15-20 of them... I know such an option exists within the megamenu, but it could be better to have a "next" button when opening Factory menu or branch. Detroit did it by the time. It should give the player more ease to move between windows obviously.

I think the next buttons in the Mega menu currently cover this well.
Adding them to the world map seems redundant to me.. but...

I would probably prefer all of the buttons currently on the mega menu to be on the world map instead of where they are at the moment.
I assumed the reason they are there is because they cant be put on the world map. But that's just a guess on my part.
Or maybe we should be able to shortcut-navigate, same as in Detroit, with quick-keys!
"I build the cars I like. If people wished to buy them, well, that could possibly be arranged." E. BUGATTI
For me, the most difficult / fastidious thing is to close all the branches and factories, once I've bought out a company...

It takes me at least 20 minutes, only for closing everything!

Too long, too hard...

I'd say a Branch window, as well as a factory one, in which you can navigate over all the available branches on the map screen would be much much much appreciated ;-)

The megamenu allows it, but only if you are interested in modifying the production lines or the distribution channels...

But nothing, actually, allows me to navigate from one branch/factory to modify it (like redesign, retool, close, etc...)
I've added hot keys that can be used when branch window or factory window is open on the world map.

The keys are "," and "." ('<' '>' without holding down shift)

These keys will allow you to cycle through cities where you have branches (with branch window open) or factories (with the factory window open.)

No GUI will be added for this. So memorize those hotkeys! Tongue
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski