Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GearCity v0.5 Complete!
http://ventdev.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=9

Discuss.
I look forward to this game, its look very interesting Smile
Now I'am playing "Car Tycoon" and I hope your game will be a lot better and you guys will finish it soon. Its nice to see, that somebody is working on games of this type.
Good luck Smile

Ps
Is there some date for "open" beta test? Or is it possible to test the current version (if it is already playable)?

Ps 2.
I'm apologize if i make any mistakes. I'm from Poland.

Thanks for the compliment!

I wasn't a big fan of Car Tycoon, it was a bit too "tycoonish" in my opinion. We're aiming for a modernized and more detailed version of Detroit or Old Timer (Motor City). I think we've almost captured the feel of those classics. Smile

(04-04-2012, 06:27 PM)Shleizer Wrote: Ps
Is there some date for "open" beta test? Or is it possible to test the current version (if it is already playable)?

The game is currently in a playable form, but we haven't implemented most of the content yet. So we're holding it back until there is a bit more "fun" in the game.

Sometime in the next month or two v0.6 will be completed. Around that time we will release a modified Car Designer for feedback and possibly art submissions (more on that when the time comes).

As far as a complete game-open beta there will probably be one when v0.7 or v0.8 is complete. I can't give a good time table of when that will be as I've started teaching at a local school which cuts into my free programming time considerably.

(04-04-2012, 06:27 PM)Shleizer Wrote: Ps 2.
I'm apologize if i make any mistakes. I'm from Poland.

No worries! Your English is better than mine, and I'm a native speaker!

Thanks for answers.
I'll waiting for new news about game.
Once again, good luck Smile
v0.6 is just about finished. Only one more programming ticket and two minor tickets remain. I'm running a few days late but it's well worth it.

The Artist Car Designer Testing Tool will be publicly released shortly after v0.6 is complete. (Although until we get art there isn't much to it.)
Great news Smile
So, how long it will take to release this Car Designer?
And a little question about custom content. Is it be possible to add own car meshes? And if yes, will You release some sort of editor to make it or plugin for ex. 3dx Max?

Thanks in advance for answers.
(06-09-2012, 10:24 AM)Shleizer Wrote: Great news Smile
So, how long it will take to release this Car Designer?

It shouldn't take too long, I mostly just need to strip gameplay code from the program and do a little bit of GUI work. I have the next week off from teaching so It'll hopefully be done in a week or two.

(06-09-2012, 10:24 AM)Shleizer Wrote: And a little question about custom content. Is it be possible to add own car meshes? And if yes, will You release some sort of editor to make it or plugin for ex. 3dx Max?

Thanks in advance for answers.

YES! The designer is fairly open to change, specially adding art content.

There is already a plugin for 3dsm 9-2012. I'll be writing up a detailed step by step tutorial on how to create Cars/Accessories in 3dsm. This will be launched in conjunction with the Car Designer since the Designers primary purpose is testing out created content.

On top of that we'll be paying for approved art submitted to us. So if you are good with 3dsm or blender, like to make cars, and want to make some extra cash it'll be a good opportunity.

Thanks for the questions! Smile