Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Companies & logos
I've put a shift in on the AI10 file. I think this copy is now stable, updated with all the correct company information (although I need to check the effect of the "founded" date I changed) and with the correct logos. I'll get the AI25 done next, but here is my AI10 and the logos file for your gaming pleasure (there are close to a 100 logos there now).:cool:

Copy AI10 to media/scripts and Logos goes into media/Logos. If you can't work it out, you shouldn't be doing it.

Before anyone asks, you can only start games with 10 largest AI for this file to work.

Attached Files
.zip   Logos.zip (Size: 10.07 MB / Downloads: 458)
.xml   AI_10.xml (Size: 48.77 KB / Downloads: 853)
Here is the completed AI25. Enjoy.

Attached Files
.xml   AI_25.xml (Size: 77.73 KB / Downloads: 906)
If you cross link it on steam forums, you might get a few more hits.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Yes that makes sense, will do. In the meantime I changed some of the player logos to something a little cooler (no offence !). New Logos.zip attached.

Attached Files
.zip   Logos.zip (Size: 9.91 MB / Downloads: 368)
Apologies, a typo on Porsche was causing a ctd. Fixed with this new Logos.zip.
In case anyone is wondering why certain companies don't appear from the start, its because I have edited the "Founded" dates to be the real life ones - in other words, these companies will only become active on that date, which happens in the form of a new company joining the competition. Kudos, that mechanic is very neatly done Eric !

Attached Files
.zip   Logos.ZIP (Size: 9.91 MB / Downloads: 445)
(09-04-2015, 02:07 PM)saffgee Wrote: - in other words, these companies will only become active on that date, which happens in the form of a new company joining the competition. Kudos, that mechanic is very neatly done Eric !

The mock companies in the full AI file should have "better" founding. *Wink*
The reason the companies in the smaller AI files were spread out was due to lack of competition in Early years.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
Thank you for all the work, saffgee. I like the logo and the extra bit of realism. Unfortunately, the game crashes each time I want to enter the stock market.

As long as no car company offers public shares, I can open the stock market. But once a brand goes public and I click on the "stock market", the game crashes.

Too bad... I was so exited about real car companies.

This mistakes only happens when you chose AI 10 or AI 25.
Still enjoying your work, Saffgee. The error I mentioned above still occurs, but only if either Volkswagen or Toyota enter the public stock market. Until then, everything works smoothly.

I have played a game from 1900 to 1952. Unfortunately, both VW & Toyota decided to go public in 1952. From then on, each time I click on the stock market folder, the game crashes. Without the stock market it`s simply not as much fun as it is with it. All the little take overs that make me smile. So I usually start all over again, after playing endless hours.

Is there someone else, who has experienced a similar problem and/or someone, who has a solution to this?
Check the log files to see which piece of art is missing, then stick a picture with that file name into the logos.zip file. Wink

That being said, an entire mod system is in the process of being made for v1.22. So I highly doubt anyone is working on or checking these older mods until the new system is released.
(02-25-2017, 11:56 PM)Eric.B Wrote: Check the log files to see which piece of art is missing, then stick a picture with that file name into the logos.zip file. Wink

That being said, an entire mod system is in the process of being made for v1.22. So I highly doubt anyone is working on or checking these older mods until the new system is released.

You´re right. I assumed that noone was working on it, since the implementation of mods will happen soo. I should be more patient.

Thank you for your advice, Eric. After I had written this post, I read several thread about this topic and in one, you suggested to open the start_25 with wordpad. This way I could modify the year in which VW and Toyota are to be created and set it to 2024 - a year before the game ends.