Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why does the cost, per unit, of engine increase on redesign?
I designed an engine and wanted to make another engine based on it immediately (no variables have changed) and when I hit redesign the cost is over $200 more expensive per unit. Is there any reason why this is? Like should I be designing engines from scratch each and every time? It seems that's what the implication is.

(07-31-2015, 06:38 PM)Kanaric Wrote: I designed an engine and wanted to make another engine based on it immediately (no variables have changed) and when I hit redesign the cost is over $200 more expensive per unit. Is there any reason why this is? Like should I be designing engines from scratch each and every time? It seems that's what the implication is.

The power figures are different as well. Something must be changing on the redesign
Was this during the same turn? Or has time passed?
Are all the components exactly the same?

If it's the same turn, then it is a bug. If time has passed then there are many reasons why it has changed. Smile
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
There is also another bug/exploit. Every time you enter R&D screen (same turn) from the office, R&D cost change. Both up and down.
(08-05-2015, 10:33 AM)Shepherd Wrote: There is also another bug/exploit. Every time you enter R&D screen (same turn) from the office, R&D cost change. Both up and down.

This is not a bug, as there is a random element to the reported costs based on your design skill (The higher your skill the less range this random value has.)

I will however it move the generation of this value from entering RnD to end turn so that you will not notice this amount changing every time you enter RnD.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski