Poll: How much would you pay for a custom logo?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
$10
4.55%
1 4.55%
$5
13.64%
3 13.64%
$2
36.36%
8 36.36%
$0 - I would not buy a custom logo.
45.45%
10 45.45%
Total 22 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom Marque Badge
Just polling for now, how much would you be willing to spend to have a custom designed marque logo?

These would be much higher quality than the current player logos and the AI logos.
All custom logos will go into the general game for use.
You describe what you want, we approve it, we draw it, you approve it and pay, it goes into the game.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
I'm sorry, but I see no point in buying something I can mod in myself.
http://i62.tinypic.com/izcl69.png
Excuse the low quality, but I wanted to have my own logo in the game very quickly. I'd probably fire up my 3d modeling package.
Personally, i dont see a lot of difference between 2 and 5, but especially on steam you'll probably get complaints no matter how low its priced.

Personally, I'm fine with either 5 or 10. Partly because i like supporting games development.

Some questions:
- Are these logo's going to be present in all games? or just the game of the user who submitted them?
In Prison architect, they have custom characters and custom designed faces, both of which actually populate their game, in addition to the regular npc's.

Personally, i would fork out more for that than i would for a custom designed logo only available to me.

Just brainstorming off that point, a custom Arakash company that everyone can access would also be neat Smile Cheap, Terrible and Low Priced Compact cars for everyone!
(06-05-2014, 04:30 AM)Kubby Wrote: I'm sorry, but I see no point in buying something I can mod in myself.
http://i62.tinypic.com/izcl69.png
Excuse the low quality, but I wanted to have my own logo in the game very quickly. I'd probably fire up my 3d modeling package.

The Idea is more aimed at those not artistically inclined. But yes, eventually it'll be easier to mod in your own logos. So eventually there won't be a need for this once there are some Modded Logo Packs or something.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
(06-05-2014, 04:50 AM)Arakash Wrote: Some questions:
- Are these logo's going to be present in all games? or just the game of the user who submitted them?
In Prison architect, they have custom characters and custom designed faces, both of which actually populate their game, in addition to the regular npc's.

It would be all users. The point is to seed the game with many logos as well.
$2 and $5 is a big difference. If I want a dollar profit, i'd only be able to pay $1 per logo to have them made. Where as at $5 per logo, I could pay $4 and make the same amount of profits! Wink
(06-05-2014, 07:24 AM)Eric.B Wrote:
(06-05-2014, 04:50 AM)Arakash Wrote: Some questions:

It would be all users. The point is to seed the game with many logos as well.
$2 and $5 is a big difference. If I want a dollar profit, i'd only be able to pay $1 per logo to have them made. Where as at $5 per logo, I could pay $4 and make the same amount of profits! Wink
When i was discussing the difference btw 2 and 5, im speaking from a consumer/customer perspective.
I certainly agree there is a lot of difference on your side, but for a consumer, i see little practical difference between 2 and 5.

Simply put, if you put your price to 5 instead of 2 i wouldnt really care Tongue
I think you pay for a games price, and that should be it. maybe DLC should be paid for but adding custom logo to this game for money can make it seem like you're looking for lots of money, just saying.
(04-27-2015, 11:20 AM)snakey10 Wrote: I think you pay for a games price, and that should be it. maybe DLC should be paid for but adding custom logo to this game for money can make it seem like you're looking for lots of money, just saying.

Well I'm opposed to DLCs personally.

This idea for custom logos made by me was ditched. Instead I will make sure the mod tools can handle user created logos, so that you may simply click a few things and your own logos will be in the game. Smile