Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED]Bank corruption bug and other bugs
1/1/1904 my cash went to -15027671674... But i had more then 3 million cash in december... Also when i wanted to place some money in to the bank it said i can deposit more then 3million cash... On the next turn my cash started to decrease and even further until i got bank corrupted. I think it is a bug because my sellf were good and i got good income before... Why i know that my cash should have increase instead of decrease? I checked in the bank deposit cash were more then 4million after a few turn.

The most interesting part is that when i got the bank corruption I exited the game. When i started the game again and loaded the autosave i found out the deposit window shoved the -15027671674 cash.

Now i try another game to play and search for this bug again.

Accessories bug mostly headlights can't be put on the car. But on the microcar on first try i couldn't place none of them. After I restarted my game and started a new one it worked well on the same microcar design.

For me the save files work i can load them.

Sorry English is not my mother language...

Other things i missed: When i open a branch or even a factory i can increase the capacity of staff/workers but it did not shows on the creation windows i only can see how many staff i can place when the branch fully built. Then i go to hire staff window and i can see how many branch worker i can hire in the city. When i used the max i could have hire more then 1073 people which is way to much even for New york. So i think in the final version it would be good to see the capacity numbers next to the sliders. I know this isn't a bug i felt i should mention it.

The game is amazing! Shut up and take my money! Want it!

Aw i forgot to mention it!

On the map the scrolling is way to fast (at least for me)...
I wish it an option the set the scrolling speed on map. So i can do fine scroll or a very fast one depending on the situation.
For the money bug, could you zip up the save file (located in My Documents/VENT/GearCity/savedgame/ and attach it to this thread?

I've ran into this bug before and thought I had fixed it. I'll need the save game though to see where the bug occurred.

The accessories bug I have been able to duplicate, and we should be able to get it fixed by our first patch.

Yes, the build branch and build factory will be getting a makeover to show more data. This was brought up in our internal alphas. That part of the game was some of the first stuff I wrote for the game, so it wasn't thought out well.

Map scrolling: good suggestion, most of my computers are really old, so it scrolls slowly... Didn't think it'd be to fast for others. We'll go ahead and make a sensitivity slider for it in settings.

Thanks for the comments! Glad you enjoy the game.
And don't worry, English is my native language, and I still can't speak it well! biggrin
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Here it is the save file!

I will start a new game again and i make a few save games before the bug and after the bug. (If it occurs in this new game)

Attached Files
.rar   SaveGames.rar (Size: 255.89 KB / Downloads: 407)
Alright, took a quick look at it. Seems like there is still a bug in the moral system that I thought I fixed months ago.

Your factory moral dropped to 74% which caused my build formula to go all wacky and you ended up building -23028379 something cars. Smile

This is my 3rd bug in queue, a workaround would be to pay your employees better! Tongue
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
Whooot they want wage? Those tham bastards ! Work slaves work slaves Tongue

Another suggestion in detroit there was an automatic salary rise where you could set a few % and it raised the wages in some timeintervals
Just be glad the game broke before they striked! Wink

Yea I plan on having a little check box to adjust wages with inflation. We'll be rolling out an "All in one" menu like Detroit had after I work out all these bugs. Sad
Keep up the good work! I going to play with Gear city now at last i have some time now Smile

Game crashed 3 times in the row.

Does the game create a log file when it crashes? If it does then i will send them over.
If not here are the cases i've done when the game crashed:

1st:
I designed the body of my first car (sedan) i placed 1 headlight on it. I forgot to adjust the fenders so i deleted the headlight that was the case.
2nd:
I restored the crased game save but i saw it it was on the starting date so i exited to the menu and loaded the autosave and crashed Smile
3rd:
While i typed the first 2 case i forgot confused Wink
I like this random value thing when you design gearboxes, engines and chassises. Makes the design a little bit interesting Smile
I found the log file i will upload this one.

If you want i can upload my log file all the time in this thread...

Attached Files
.rar   Logfile.rar (Size: 4.5 KB / Downloads: 460)
The original bug you had in this thread has been fixed and will be included in the next patch. Sorry for any problems! Smile