Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TESTING]Marque takeover bugged? (1.12)
I've started a new game with the intent of trying to make the biggest company possible and push the game as hard as I can.
I have tried numerous times to take over a number of companies that were failing only to have every offer rejected. With one company I tried buying shares (up to 35%) and then waiting a couple of months before making a maximum offer and getting another rejection only to have the company collapse the following turn (losing all my shares in the process).
I saw another company lose 105% (that number makes no sense I know, I'm assuming it's calculated as a % of current share value rather than last months share value) of their share value in a single month so decided to offer them a max buyout bid only to get rejected again.
As another test I just went and made a buyout bid on every company I could afford and got rejected on all of them.

So, yeah, I don't know if this is actually a bug or if I have just overlooked some new requirement for buying out that was introduces in 1.12.

Okay, now it gets weird....

So I go click the IPO button to see if that changes things. I make an offer on one of the companies that rejected me earlier, they reject me again so I crank it up to a max bid and try again and they accept!! WOOT!! I don't know if it's because I IPO'd or not but I had made so many rejected offers before it makes me think that it did.

Only, now I also own the company that I mentioned I tried buying shares for before they collapsed.
Now, it's possible that I already owned them and I just didn't look but I'm pretty sure I did. Either way, I definitely received a rejection notification from them every time I made an offer but now I own them. Could it be that I took ownership because I owned enough shares when they collapsed?

The annoying thing is, I wanted both companies for the same thing, a luxury line =/

I have included a save file in case Eric wants to look at it.

Attached Files
.rar   SM.rar (Size: 1.11 MB / Downloads: 510)
Taking over has become much harder (and much more expensive), that was intended for 1.12. (It's in the patch notes somewhere).

I'm not sure if I think it's too expensive (yet). And I've also run into companies rejecting offers at max. value (which makes perfect sense), but I've not noticed, whether it was for a company going bankrupt shortly after.
(03-12-2014, 10:35 AM)Sarchez Wrote: Taking over has become much harder (and much more expensive), that was intended for 1.12. (It's in the patch notes somewhere).

I'm not sure if I think it's too expensive (yet). And I've also run into companies rejecting offers at max. value (which makes perfect sense), but I've not noticed, whether it was for a company going bankrupt shortly after.

Yeah, I remember seeing that.
I don't think it's too expensive, though I think the chance of rejection is way too high. These are multinational corporations we're talking about for the most part, they simply don't possess the sentiment that small family owned businesses have that causes them to reject all buyout offers at all cost. They do whatever it takes to survive, including letting someone else own them.
One of the companies I tried to buy out had lost 10% of it's share value every month for as long as the graph displayed and they rejected a max buyout offer from me for 6 months straight including the turn before they went belly up.

But that's a matter for balance really.

Right now I'm more curious about the company that rejected me but I still ended up owning. Is there are chance of the player taking ownership on a collapsing company if they own shares?
(03-12-2014, 03:16 PM)Frankschtaldt Wrote: Right now I'm more curious about the company that rejected me but I still ended up owning. Is there are chance of the player taking ownership on a collapsing company if they own shares?

I think I've worked it out. I think the marque I bought out had taken control of the other marque. So when I bought out the owner I took over the subsidiary as well.
I've been paying close attention to this and I've noticed that a lot of the marques that have disappeared after refusing my max buyout offers haven't actually died but have been bought out by other (usually considerably less well off than me) marques.
This suggests that this isn't the bug I thought it was but I would still consider it a bug in the sense that things aren't really working properly.
So, further on in the game I found this.
[Image: 4DewmQq.png]
I've been watching their stock value plummet for some time: [Image: vf3Btm9.png]

So, when I saw them up for grabs for $1 I went for it. Interestingly I tried a max bid and got turned down. Took those screen shots and tried again (same turn) and got accepted. Odd!

Anyway, not only is this strange, but my $3 max bid ended up costing me closer to $100M. I don't know how it actually worked it out but that's what came off my total cash.

Save attached.

Attached Files
.rar   SM.rar (Size: 1.29 MB / Downloads: 518)
A few changes to takeover have been made:
AI now waits a little longer before doing an IPO
You can only attempt 1 takeover a month.
30% bonus to yes vote if target company has greater losses than assists
15% yes bonus if expenses are twice as much as income
5% yes bonus if expenses are greater than income

This should make it easier to takeover dying companies while still keeping a slim chance of failure to do so.

The last bug is really odd, if it happens again in 1.13 please make a new thread.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski