Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[WONT]Marque Default Slider Locations
I know that, in this game, Marques are designed as different brands, and as such will have (more or less) unique images and won't be (as strongly) effected by the sales or images of other marques under the same company, allowing you to segregate as has been said, things like your "Cheap Commuter Car" from the "Million Dollar 200 MPH Luxury Sports Car" without each affecting the other, either positively or negatively.

Now, a lot of this also depends of course on vehicle quality. Is there any way perhaps to have each marque have its own set of default positiions on the production sliders, so that when I select my, say, Luxury Marque, the sliders boost themselves so that Material Quality, Component Quality, Tech and Manufacturing Requirements. Likewise, going to the Mass Market Marque, those same sliders are appropriately lowered to help increase production capacity and lower cost.

Any thoughts from others as well about being able to set defaults for at least this one area? Or maybe even have the game, based on where sliders are auto-suggest a Marque based upon other vehicles in each marque that already exists. Of course this can also be overridden or even totally disabled if they don't want the game to decide for them.
(02-16-2014, 10:41 AM)Geredis Wrote: I know that, in this game, Marques are designed as different brands, and as such will have (more or less) unique images and won't be (as strongly) effected by the sales or images of other marques under the same company, allowing you to segregate as has been said, things like your "Cheap Commuter Car" from the "Million Dollar 200 MPH Luxury Sports Car" without each affecting the other, either positively or negatively.

Now, a lot of this also depends of course on vehicle quality. Is there any way perhaps to have each marque have its own set of default positiions on the production sliders, so that when I select my, say, Luxury Marque, the sliders boost themselves so that Material Quality, Component Quality, Tech and Manufacturing Requirements. Likewise, going to the Mass Market Marque, those same sliders are appropriately lowered to help increase production capacity and lower cost.

Any thoughts from others as well about being able to set defaults for at least this one area? Or maybe even have the game, based on where sliders are auto-suggest a Marque based upon other vehicles in each marque that already exists. Of course this can also be overridden or even totally disabled if they don't want the game to decide for them.
This really got me thinking about how and what default positions for sliders should be, as well as presets and the like.

First, i should mention that if my memory is correct, Eric is adding in some sort of wizard for the Vehicle design process, which may or may not do the kind of thing your talking about. It will certainly allow you to build a vehicle with far fewer sliders(afaik that was its purpose) but I suspect we will have to see it to really know.
It may change how we look at this whole issue/mechanic/suggestion though.

Onto the suggestion:
I like the concept of having some easy to set presets which adjusts your sliders based on a vehicle idea(economy for instance), before you actually fine tune it.
I think it could be simpler and easier to implement, while still having a similar effect, if it just introduces generalized presets along with a few customizable ones, available for all vehicles you design.
Ill try to lay out an example of the presets you might see, using some of the concepts you talked about already:
  • Sports
  • Luxury
  • Economy/Mass Market
  • Durability
  • Preset 1 (customizable)
  • Preset 2 (customizable)
If this was also moddable, then you could add in 300 presets with marginally different stats if you wanted Smile
Assuming you can save any slider positions, It would also make it far easier to give someone the design of a vehicle that you've described but they like. Design trading i suppose is the word. Ive tried it in the current build, and its actually quite hard unless you adjust very few sliders.

I believe ive seen a precedent for this before in other games, which is where i got the idea from, but i cant remember which game it was at the moment, sorry about that.
i has thinking in making a tread like this one, i would like to be able to show a define company preference, like Volvo is a brand know for safety any buyer is not question the safety of a Volvo, french brands special Citroen are know for ultimate comfort and until 5 years ago seeing a french car people would automatically imagine is comfort even car magazines when talk about comfort if the car is french they always say something like "like any french cars the ride comfort is smooth".
Dacia decided that they goal is price, so they have worse safety ratings but they cars are in some cases 30% cheaper than rival brands...

So if we can decide the focus primary focus of a brand, if its a brand like Roll Royce then you need to be able to have all the focus selected.
Other thing is that if you chose one of the options in that option you will have a lead against a brand that don't have that option however it will come whit a cost, it will more expensive to make a car because you will not be able to make a car less than good in the focus areas, like if you have a brand that's thinks safety is a focus you will not able to make a car that don't have at least 5 star in safety, but because its your focus you can get a 6 star rating, witch is impossible to a brand that don't have the safety as focus.

other thing is that no brand can have less than 2 star rating in a car, the only way is to chose be a cheap brand and in that case that will be possible but will make impossible to have more than 4 star rating...

i know it looks a messy text but my English don't know how to make it better...