Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
GearCity Progress: 1.11
(01-07-2014, 05:25 PM)Corwin86 Wrote: Good to see how the work is going very well Smile

Also, I'm a bit surprised you got a publisher (not for the game quality Smile but because many try to publish the game on their own), but I think it can be better for sales and advertising (and also, to give you more time to focus only to the game).

I'm notoriously bad at selling my self, and even worse when it comes to PR, writing, and communicating with people. It seems smarter to let other people do that for me.

If they can't generate more sales than I can, something is wrong. ^,~ I have no doubt they can however.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Significant progress has been made with the AI. It's still not perfect, but it should give you a little more hassle now.

Taxes have been disabled in 1.11, I might reenable them by the time 1.11 is released, but if not, here is your warning. Smile
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
AI has gotten as much love as it's going to get this build. I've cleaned up a few bugs I made over the last few weeks, and I've started working on your bugs that you've submitted.

I'm going to try to knock out as many easy ones as I can before building my RC build. You should be getting 1.11 in a few days. Smile
Taxes are possibly temporarily disabled?
If i understand the game mechanics correctly, wont that take a wrecking ball to the balance of companies by making them far too profitable?

Im looking forward to the next build either way.
(01-10-2014, 09:35 AM)Arakash Wrote: Taxes are possibly temporarily disabled?
If i understand the game mechanics correctly, wont that take a wrecking ball to the balance of companies by making them far too profitable?

Im looking forward to the next build either way.

I don't know yet! You guys are my Guinea Pigs! Smile

I normally do a play through or two before the RC goes to stage 2 testing. After that it goes to you guys. If disabled taxes hurts the player experience too much I'll spend the time to fix it before 1.11.
Started cleaning out some of the bugs for 1.11.

Was able to knock out:
Over hiring bug when manually hiring.
Phantom Branch bug
Spin off companies stock price.
Radio advert bugs
Canceled Component or Vehicle research memo bug
Empty Body Design Combo Crash
Branch Retool Costs bug

And probably some other stuff I forgot to mention...

But that seems like all there is going to be for this build. I'm going to do some play through test and make sure there isn't anything super horribly wrong with the game. After that I'll do a release build. Package it up and send it to some people for internal testing. Might have it ready by the end of the Weekend/Monday! Smile
Added the song Dawn by Kristin Burdal, Did the optimized release build. Didn't get a chance to play or respond to post last night, so hopefully I can get a quick playthrough, some screenshots, and make the installer. 1.11 should be out tomorrow or Monday!
Everything is ready to go, I've got 900mb of uploads at a lovely 20kb/s (High Speed Swamp Internet), Still have to test the installer on win7 etc, but short of anyone's computer catching on fire or the installer breaking, it looks like 1.11 will be out tomorrow.