Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED]Limiting transportation of inventory
I'm playing a game in which I have a significant presence in both North America and Europe. I'm selling some models that are present in both markets. I'm also manufacturing these models in both markets. At the moment, I'm finding it very difficult to balance the production levels in North America and Europe, to meet the local demand. This is leading to cars being imported into North America to cover the demand that my factories there are not meeting. Unsurprisingly, I'm being hit with huge transportation costs. As the game stands, I can think of only two ways to address this problem.

1st: Intentionally over produce cars in both North America and Europe to ensure that spikes in demand don't end up forcing car inventories to be imported from one continent to the other. This is an expensive option I want to avoid.

2nd: Create different model trims for each continent and make sure branches on each continent only sell their model trim. This way, if local factories don't meet local demand, the expensive import of inventory won't occur. I don't like this idea either, because I like checking the statistics on how many yearly sales I've made on a particular model. Having two cars that are essentially the same except for creating a different trim to avoid transportation costs, won't register as the same model on the showroom statistics page!

My request is this. Would it be possible to have an option to prevent the computer from automatically shifting my inventory around the world? If I don't have the stock in one continent to meet demand, I'd prefer to lose the sale instead of making a loss from the transportation expense.

I'm not sure if I've made myself clear. Has/Is anyone else had/having this problem?

Messages In This Thread
[FIXED]Limiting transportation of inventory - by Giacomo - 11-22-2013, 04:35 PM