Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED]Initial Thoughts/Suggestions
Take your time, there's no rush. I'm just an amateur when it comes to this stuff anyway.

Fair point about the torque being measured at the wheels. Do they ever measure it at the driveshaft? I've never heard of such a thing, it may not be a meaningful measurement, but if the HP is an estimate with a generic transmission maybe a torque measurement is possible too? Not sure if it would be different. Physics wasn't my strong suit in college, which is why I left engineering for history.

The 3 banks are W's, the four are VVs. You've got it that way in the xml. Four banks are called VVs simply because the easiest explanation for them is a pair of V engines side by side. The earliest iteration of the engine was exactly that, in fact. An aircraft engine, I think, but of course Volkswagen co-opted it in the early 2000s, first a W8 for a Passat, a W12 for the Phaeton and Bentley Continental, and then the 16 in the Bugatti. I'm not sure if anyone else ever used one of the four bank style in a car or not.

Anyway, you're right, this stuff is just details, and it seems like you've got big plans yet to bring to fruition. If I can get something working well, I'll post here or send it to you or somesuch so you can look it over. All I need is some time. Pleasant travels!

Messages In This Thread
[FIXED]Initial Thoughts/Suggestions - by Arquibus - 10-09-2013, 12:21 AM
RE: Initial Thoughts/Suggestions - by MrX_ua - 10-09-2013, 05:19 PM
RE: Initial Thoughts/Suggestions - by Eric.B - 10-09-2013, 05:55 PM
RE: Initial Thoughts/Suggestions - by Arquibus - 10-10-2013, 01:05 AM
RE: Initial Thoughts/Suggestions - by Eric.B - 10-10-2013, 12:13 PM
RE: Initial Thoughts/Suggestions - by Arquibus - 10-10-2013, 04:06 PM
RE: Initial Thoughts/Suggestions - by Eric.B - 10-14-2013, 10:33 AM
RE: Initial Thoughts/Suggestions - by Eric.B - 01-27-2015, 12:43 AM