Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED]Initial Thoughts/Suggestions
I downloaded the beta last night and have spent a fair bit of time with it today. I'm am pleased with what I've seen thus far. I have had trouble with crashes and whatnot, but that is to be expected with a beta. I have made it as far as 1909 and will be continuing tomorrow, but I thought I might make a few suggestions now.

First, I've noticed some engine types and configurations to be missing. I looked in the xml and saw that some of what I thought was missing would come about later, and that is good and as it should be. But some things are still missing, notably Steam engines, the option for a W18 down the line, engines of an X configuration, rotary piston engines (different from the Wankel, which obviously is pistonless), Turbine engines, twincharging, maybe even electrocharging. All of these are things that have been experimented with throughout the history of the automobile, with varying success.

As for functionality, there are two things I've come across which seem to be problematic, though I could simply have not found the solution yet. The first is that even if I build the largest chassis possible, I cannot fit the largest engines I can build, by a very wide margin. Surely there must be a way to build a chassis which can support a massive V-16?

Secondly, I have not found any way to remove an old design from my...design hopper? I guess that's a good name for it. I'm currently selling six different models, some of which with three revisions, which for a lot of cluttered words. It would really be nice to put those old, worn-out designs to pasture.

I hope all this helps, and that I can offer additional advice and support in the future.

Messages In This Thread
[FIXED]Initial Thoughts/Suggestions - by Arquibus - 10-09-2013, 12:21 AM
RE: Initial Thoughts/Suggestions - by MrX_ua - 10-09-2013, 05:19 PM
RE: Initial Thoughts/Suggestions - by Eric.B - 10-09-2013, 05:55 PM
RE: Initial Thoughts/Suggestions - by Arquibus - 10-10-2013, 01:05 AM
RE: Initial Thoughts/Suggestions - by Eric.B - 10-10-2013, 12:13 PM
RE: Initial Thoughts/Suggestions - by Arquibus - 10-10-2013, 04:06 PM
RE: Initial Thoughts/Suggestions - by Eric.B - 10-14-2013, 10:33 AM
RE: Initial Thoughts/Suggestions - by Eric.B - 01-27-2015, 12:43 AM