Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audio is glitchy on Linux after update
I should point out that launching the game via Steam should override your system libraries with whichever runtime you have selected. The base runtime for Steam is Ubuntu12, but they have launched Betas of Debian 10, 11, and 12. Regular GC bundled a few libraries that were newer than Ubuntu12 or that I needed something not supported in Ubuntu12. Nonetheless, any dependencies for the OpenAL should come from Steam's runtime libraries, including sound libraries.

I used to keep an assortment of Linux Distros around for testing, but I got old and lazy, and now everything is Mageia, FreeBSD, or Net BSD.

On my Mageia systems, Pulse is on 16.1-16, Alsa is at 1.2.9, and Jack2 is on 1.9.21. And I haven't had any other reports from anyone else lately. But I will ping a few people I know on other distros and see if they had any issues.

If you could throw a game log up here, I'd like to see some details on your sound hardware.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski

Messages In This Thread
RE: Audio is glitchy on Linux after update - by Eric.B - 04-26-2024, 11:44 PM