Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost WW1
(05-28-2013, 10:35 PM)Eric.B Wrote:
Quote:A question, How will wars affect sales? Will we be able to sell to a government or a military?
Originally I planned on having Government/Commercial contracts. This has been put on the backburner for the time being. There are two types of wars in the game, big ones and little ones. The big ones shutdown sales and manufacturing. The little ones only shutdown sales.

Quote: Playing into WW1 made me realize it must have been completely crazy when it began, for car makers and all of society.
An interesting note, WW1 didn't kill that many manufacturers. Most of them idled or switched their production in factories. The war didn't effect infrastructure too badly thus right after the war everything was fine.

The years before the war bankrupted many early manufacturers (If memory serves me 1,000 to 10,000 of them.) There is also a large chunk of bankruptcies during the "Roaring 20s" resulting in companies merging with other companies and the start of the mega-sized manufacturers.

Thanks for clearing that up. that makes a lot more sense too that they would just idle.

Messages In This Thread
Lost WW1 - by islandcrimp - 05-28-2013, 07:27 PM
RE: Lost WW1 - by Eric.B - 05-28-2013, 10:35 PM
RE: Lost WW1 - by islandcrimp - 05-29-2013, 07:51 AM