Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Video settings editor does not open
(04-05-2023, 06:33 PM)Eric.B Wrote: You should be able to take QT 5.15 so files on your system and replace the ones shipped with the game. There should only be three .so files. Replace the ones included in the game with what you have on your system. I'm only in the office around midnight on weekdays. But I will check what files those are when I get in. (5 hours or so.)

Have you ran the binary file directly? ./VideoSettingsEditor or whatever the binary name is?

When moving the (renaming) libraries to .disabled versions, the ./VideoSettingsEditor already uses the system libraries, if I understand correctly, and as mentioned in the second update I already tried running it directly (this does the same thing but writes `zsh: IOT instruction  ./VideoSettings` instead of `./launchVS.sh: linio 1ª: 30214 Abortita                LD_LIBRARY_PATH=../ ./VideoSettings`). The problem is, if I'm reading the error correctly, that ./VideoSettingsEditor seems to depend on QT 1.15.2, while I have 1.15.8 which is apparently incompatible. Meaning, I would presumably have to manually recompile an entirely separate version of QT with the -no-systemd flag enabled (which I have not done yet; got sidetracked by some other things while trying to figure out which module set I should enable).

So, I decided while writing this post to try moving the actual .so files to the GearCity folder just in case I was wrong that moving/renaming things to .disabled versions caused the system libraries to be used. It appears I was not actually wrong, BUT, in the process of starting to do this, I moved the remaining QT libraries to .disabled versions, and despite those libraries not having shown up in ldd, doing this DOES actually make it work!

So, now I have a solid, easy workaround that does not require recompiling the entire QT libraries: Just disable all the built in ones – ALL of them, rather than just the ones that looked like they were being used. 

It is extremely good to know that the video settings editor and mod tools are open source. Had this not worked, that would have definitely been my first choice in fixing this, as compiling a small dependency is MUCH faster and easier than compiling a huge monolith like QT. 

I also notice a minor bug in the settings editor: It will not let me put a resolution larger than 1280x1024, even if I set the monitor index to 1. Knowing it is open source, it would likely not be hard to fix that at all! (Probably easier to just change my primary monitor for now though).

Messages In This Thread
RE: Video settings editor does not open - by happysmash27 - 04-05-2023, 08:51 PM