Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Video settings editor does not open
There are six files you'll need to replace with whatever is on your system:
libQt5Core.so.5 libQt5DBus.so.5 libQt5Gui.so.5 libQt5Widgets.so.5 libQt5XcbQpa.so.5 libQt5Xml.so.5

Any QT5.15 minor versions should work so long as you replace them all in the GearCity folder. Be sure they're the actual lib files and not symlinks to the files.

Alternatively, you can switch to an older build of the game, copy the binary files for that, then switch back to the modern version of the game, and then use those binary files. They will use the QT4 shipped with the game.

The final option would be to compile the tools yourself. They're open source. https://github.com/gearcity/GearCity_Vid...ingsEditor

I believe I'm using the dev packages that come with Mageia and I'm not building from QT from source. I'll double check if that's the case next time I get around to building the mod tools. A quick look on pkg.org, and I can't find any other distros that I can check to see if they're automatically linking systemd now. (I built the previous 32-bit mod tools with Slackware, but had to include a whole bunch of libraries.) (Which reminds me, perhaps the gog build would have done something...)

All of that said, the settings files are text files that you can edit. GearCity/GearCity/Settings/ folder, you'll find "LinuxVideoConfig.xml." That's just something to tide you over.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski

Messages In This Thread
RE: Video settings editor does not open - by Eric.B - 04-05-2023, 07:02 PM