Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adding more than six districts (regions) - possible?
I've been doing some more modding, figuring out how to change more things, and I recently figured out how to change district names.  I came up with a nice list:

Code:
<RegionNames>
<region id="1" localized="0">British Isles</region>
<region id="2" localized="0">Italy/Switzerland</region>
<region id="3" localized="0">The Balkans/Yugoslavia</region>
<region id="4" localized="0">Scandinavia</region>
<region id="5" localized="0">Russia</region>
<region id="6" localized="0">Anatolia and the Caucuses</region>
<region id="7" localized="0">Iberia</region>
<region id="8" localized="0">France/Belgium</region>
<region id="9" localized="0">Germany/Netherlands/Austria</region>
<region id="10" localized="0">Italy/Switzerland</region>
<region id="11" localized="0">Poland/Czechoslovakia</region>
<region id="12" localized="0">Romania/Hungary/Moldova</region>
<region id="13" localized="0">Ukraine/Belarus</region>
<region id="14" localized="0">The Baltics</region>
</RegionNames>

However, only the first six show up in game.  I'm guessing that means there's a hard-coded limit?

I'm also reminded of the sub-districts feature bounty (https://www.ventdev.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=3871), and while it would be cool to be able to break things down more in reports (Asia -> Middle East -> Jordan, for instance), I'm wondering if being able to have more districts would solve half the annoyance with a tenth of the effort?  E.g. in the traditional world map, splitting Asia into two or three top-level districts would both help with the autopopulation shipping costs (#95) and allowing popularity to be set a bit more granularly (#90).

I'm also not really sure if it's a bug or a missing feature that there seems to be a limit of 6 regions.  Not a big problem for me, I had a list of six regions before having the idea to just add more in the XML, but maybe an alternative way to go about that bounty.

(Also a full disclaimer, while it would be nice there are probably about 20 items I'll be voting for before we get to the ones mentioned here... secondary disclaimer for anyone reading, no, I don't have a mod-in-progress with all those regions [yet])

Messages In This Thread
Adding more than six districts (regions) - possible? - by JC_Denton - 08-22-2022, 09:14 PM