Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Winning 1900 Racing Series Challenge
(04-04-2022, 09:48 AM)Eric.B Wrote: It's interesting to see how well you fared, some of these competitors have better vehicles than yours, but I think the funding got your car over the hill.

Interesting to see that you bareboned all the sliders. I do have some FBS entries planned to expand the racing system to be pickier about vehicle specifics depending on what type of racing series it is. For example, 1900 Summer Races are an endurance series, so fuel economy and dependability should be major factors.

Funding is definitely part of the success. I have found that because of the headstart AI have in skills and XP, in the early years I need to have higher funding than they have. If I just match their funding even though i enter superior vehicles I will often loose.

The bareboning of the sliders was necessary to be able to get it out the door fast enough. But even though they were bareboned the car had decent reliability and fuel mileage compared to the competition. The body was optimized for low drag. Both the licensed chassis and gearbox were decent.

Tried another time on a standard Normal start without any tweaks or extra cash to see if I could do it without going broke. It went fairly well but it wasn't an optimal start, the heavy cash burn and resulting slow expansion put me behind a normal curve. Will post that save later.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Winning 1900 Racing Series Challenge - by Shepherd - 04-12-2022, 09:26 AM