Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Struggling With Profitability
I really appreciate it! Yes, I did not realize that there was an option to automatically restrict production to the same continent, that probably would have saved me millions if not billions of dollars back when I was produced 5 million cars a year during the 20s. This also caused me to begin examining the auto menu more and I realized I could also set sales prices by region as well which also probably could come in handy to help account for economic differences between regions.

I still do struggle a bit when it comes to pricing properly. Both from a design and sales perspective. I try to focus my marques on different economic segments of the market, but it can be hard alone from per capita number to gauge what people are willing to spend for a specific vehicle type. Clearly some designs are focused to a specific price range, such as lower for compacts and higher for luxury sedans. However, beyond that many are vague. I am putting out a range of six sedans, (really five, one is just for racing) and still not feeling as though I am putting out enough cars to fit the entire market. This is becomes even harder for the more specific vehicle types. For example is there room for an inexpensive luxury car, or a Rolls-Royce level micro car?

Messages In This Thread
Struggling With Profitability - by Lutzfan - 08-12-2019, 07:55 PM
RE: Struggling With Profitability - by Eric.B - 08-12-2019, 07:59 PM
RE: Struggling With Profitability - by Lutzfan - 08-12-2019, 08:02 PM
RE: Struggling With Profitability - by Eric.B - 08-12-2019, 08:40 PM
RE: Struggling With Profitability - by Lutzfan - 08-12-2019, 09:33 PM
RE: Struggling With Profitability - by Eric.B - 08-12-2019, 10:55 PM